“Beautiful Hotel, Amazing Service, Fabulous Location”

The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We love this Hotel. The location is great, close to beach and a short walk to State Street, the Wharf and many resturants. The gardens that surround the hotel are beautiful. The tennis courts are clean and well maintained. Our room was clean and very comfertable, nice decor. The staff is always great. We are Raving Fans of Fess Parkers Double Tree.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort

Reviewed February 9, 2011

The hotel is nice but not wonderful. The service and staff are great. The hotel, however, needs some attention, loving and upkeep. Baseboards were dirty, ceiling tiles, carpeting, and apolstry can all use replacing. The bathroom is basic--2-3 star at best. Where are the wonderful amenities, products and bathrobes that usually come with a 4star or more rating?--non-existent here.

The ocean view was nice--we could hear the waves and seals bark. The negative, it is right by train tracks that I only heard once during the night. We met another couple whose room was closer to the train and we heard another story.

I would stay here again--knowing what I am getting if we can pay less. Location, ocean view --great.; Hotel itself, not stellar. I would recommend this to someone else with the disclaimer --this is an average hotel not a resort.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Great location, right opposite the beach. If you want the bars and nightlife it is a bit of a walk into the town but that was no problem for us. Our room was very comfortable. Really nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I had a wondeful time at the Fess Parker in Santa Barbara, CA! I had stayed there once before, and the service and hotel were so fantastic, that we stayed again -- and thankfully things were just as great! These days, when service is often shoddy, it is great to be treated so well. From the reservation staff to the front desk staff to the General Manager, literally everyone was kind and helpful. My wife and I went there to celebrate a special occassion and just one mention of it to the hotel via the phone brought a room upgrade and a complimentary bottle of Fess Parker wine!

Not only is the staff incredibly kind and helpful, but the grounds are gorgeous -- and just across the street from the ocean. You can walk to the beach in about thirty seconds, and you can see the water from practically every angle of the hotel.

Last but not least they give you hot chocolate chip cookies the moment you check in!

I'm a huge fan, and my wife and I will definitely be going there every chance we get!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The hotel is mediocre- the rooms are outdated, the common areas need attention, the food edible. That being said, the view is stellar! We were across the street from the ocean and could hear the waves crashing from our terrace and room.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
benjaminly, Director of Rooms at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Fess Parker's Doubletree. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you find yourself in Santa Barbara again so we can make your next stay a more "complete" experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2011

We visited Fess Parker's resort for two nights in September 2009 with our very young children. Having read Trip Advisor we decided to pay for a seaview room as the hotel is expensive and someone said we'd feel short changed if we didn't. The reception is stunning. However, upon check-in at three our room was not ready, so they gave us drinks vouchers to use while we waited - although offered to put us in another room with no view which we obviously declined. Two hours later we finally got to our room which had the most amazing view and while nicely furnished was pretty tired and dated (early 90's decor). However, what made us angry was on closer inspection I found a large pill under the bed which made me think the hoover had not been used at all despite having waited two hours for it to be cleaned! We had a 23 month old and an 11 month old so what might have happened if they had put the pill in their mouths doesn't bear thinking about. I went with pill down to reception and while they were perfectly nice said that as I had booked through Trailfinders I would not be able to be compensated apart from breakfast vouchers. So free breakfast it was and at 70 dollars a pop we didn't knock it! So in summary - they are not as perfect as they would have you think they are - Get a seaview room because the rooms are just not fancy enough for the money.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
benjaminly, Director of Rooms at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that the room was not cleaned appropriately. I take cleanliness issues very seriously, and clearly the room that you had been assigned was not up to our cleanliness standards. I have shared your comments with my front office and housekeeping management teams as tools to improve service. If you do find yourself in Santa Barbara in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I'd like to personally oversee your reservation.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

excellent service beautiful surroundings i would recommend this hotel to anyone i thoughly enjoyed my stay it is a dog lover's paradise. the spa and pool area was beautiful

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple