The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
lynbrook ny
“excellent”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

excellent service beautiful surroundings i would recommend this hotel to anyone i thoughly enjoyed my stay it is a dog lover's paradise. the spa and pool area was beautiful

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this Doubletree more than any other in the past - it's like a true resort, not just a hotel, and it's so close to downtown, too. Loved it!

• Stayed December 2010
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Clean rooms, well kept grounds. Great overall experience

• Stayed December 2010
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I have consistantly stayed at this holet for more than ten years. Santa Barbara has limited options for full service holels and Fess Parkers Double Tree is a very good option for this area. The staff works hard to provide excellent service. Rooms have recently undergone updates and are in good shape. Good fitness center and business center is avaialable during business hours.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I found that the property was very average.
The water pressure in the shower was weak and the shower head didn't help the matter as it had two settings: a small jet or a weak rain. There also didn't seem to have a fan in the bathroom. The sink next to the bathroom was cracked.
The heat also didn't seem to work properly. When attempting to put the heat on, only cold air would come out. The reason why the heat was needed is because the bed only have a thin blanket on them. As a result I was cold all night.
The fact that there is a train track behind the property doesn't help with sleep quality. I was woken up at 3 am by a loud train whistle.
However the grounds are beautiful and it's right across from the beach.
To be honest I would not recommend this hotel since I don;t believe it's a good value considering the price versus quality.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
benjaminly, Director of Rooms at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Resort, and I am disappointed that you did not have an acceptable stay. Not having an appropriate temperature and water pressure in your room can be very frustrating. Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future if you find yourself in the Santa Barbara area as I'd like to personally oversee your reservation to ensure that you don't experience any challenges during your stay.
rockaway, nj
Reviewed December 29, 2010

WOW!! What a gem this hotel was!! Had we known how special it was- we would have planned to stay longer!!
We arrived on Christmas Day- a day when you would think people would be miserable to be working and not home with family and friends. On the contrary- the staff could not have been nicer!! Every one- from the doormen to the reception desk- and every employee we met were honestly personable and NOT PHONY!
We were upgraded to a luxurious suite- it looked as if it we were at a high class hotel! The shower was amazing a huge double shower and they each had horizontal showerheads (meaning- water was shooting out from every where to get to your whole body!)
Being Christmas, and not wanting to go all out for a huge dinner (we had just flown in from the east coast and it seemed that everything was closed anyhow) we drove until we found a supermarket and bought some wine and cheeses. We didnt realize until were were back at the hotel that we didn't have silverware or plates. I went down to the lobby restaurant and the young lady there was so sweet she packed me a bag with all the necessities for having our wine and cheese party!
Our kind size bed was comfy- but my son slept on the pull out sofa which he said wasnt very comfortable- but when is a pull out sofa comfortable? (the young lady who brought the pillows and blankets for the sofabed was so sweet too!)
Breakfast (which was included for us) was a very nice buffet with good coffee!
We will be back for sure! I loved sitting on the balcony and seeing the ocean in the distance! The hotel grounds are beautiful!
The only downside was that there was a fee for parking- I guess when it is warm out- people would use the parking area for day parking- but in the winter- it doesnt seem that hotel with not much around it should charge a fee for parking.
A real treat!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank harvardmom2
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed December 23, 2010

From the moment we arrived, my elderly mother and I were treated like queens. The front desk clerk was helpful and recognized I was a diamond member. My room was upgraded and we received water,cookies and breakfast vouchers. Although the hotel is very large with different buildings, we received a detailed map and specific directions to our room. Our bags were delivered (in the middle of a horrible rain storm) by Denver, a very polite, cheerful young man. The room was clean, new carpets, very modern bath, including a fancy shower with numerous shower heads and a huge tub. I loved the fact that there were lots of fluffy towels and a magnifying mirror for make up. We had a beautiful view of the ocean. The bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows and good lighting so we could read in bed. The property is conveniently located across the street from the ocean walking path, so it is an easy walk . Since the hotel complex is large, the entire block borders the ocean walking path, so it seems more private than other places further down the beach. In the evening, due to the heavy rain, we stayed at the hotel and ordered a delicious flatbread pizza. The dinner food prices were very reasonable for such a lavish hotel. The morning breakfast was good, but it is expensive if you don't have breakfast vouchers. I stopped by the gift shop just to browse and ended up buying 2 sundresses. The prices for their clothing and jewelry were fantastic, very unusual for a hotel gift shop. I am returning in February with my husband to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, hopefully without the rain!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family