Really pretty hotel, VERY good service, rooms average though very clean. Great location by the water, and walkable to State Street while maintaining a resort feel. Competition for lounge chairs caused a heated poolside argument - which was the natural outcome of a scarce resource - why so few chairs for such a big place? Seems like they could easily expand the pool deck area into the adjacent grassy area and add a couple rows of lounge chairs to take care of that - it really needs to be done. Basketball "court" was in the parking lot and there were cars parked there, so there went that idea. And they only had 2 racquets for tennis - really?? And an up-charge for wifi in the room rubs me the wrong way, as does a parking fee. So, yes, a nice place with room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort