“Who can ask for anything more???”

The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was only our second time coming to Santa Barbara, and our second time staying at the Fess Parker. I just wish we could have stayed a little longer this time. I am a Hilton rewards member, so I do get a little different treatment, but then again, there is no reason you shouldn't be one too...

My girl decided to surprise me and get me tickets to see New Politics in Santa Barbara(later review), so I decided to surprise her and get the hotel room. We both were happy with the outcome.

The concierges here are top notch. They ask you what you need every step of the way. I told them we were checking in, they told me leave the car, they would take care of it. They grabbed our luggage, took it to the room, and even had a cab ready for us, when it was time to leave for the show. The only thing someone messed up on, was I ordered my girl chocolate covered strawberries, that were supposed to be delivered before we got there, they finally brought them to us at 1am when we got home from the show, but they were perfect at that time.(I also got her a tin of cookies.)If you have never had double tree cookies, find one, check in for the night, ask for 2 cookies, and you will be addicted, yes addicted. (What's with me and cookies lately?)

We walked up to the front desk, and the lady working was as nice as could be, and they were busy. She checked us in, told me they had everything on file, and just needed to run my card through. She asked if there was anything special we needed, or forgot, then asked if we needed cookies, and water, we said yes please. She gave us 2 cookies, and 2 bottles of water, ice cold I might add, and we were off to our room.

I didn't know what to expect since they were sold out, and only had 2 queen bed rooms left, but when we opened the door, it was like walking into heaven. The patio door was open, so there was a beautiful ocean breeze that came in. We walked over and looked out and saw the sun, sort of setting over the ocean. It was a very beautiful and romantic sight, especially since we haven't been away together in a very long time.

Huge bathroom, huge bathtub, big shower, and an extra sink, outside of the bathroom so someone can brush their teeth, or wash there hands, if the restroom is occupied. They also have a huge closet, and add extra pillows, and toilet paper, in case you run out, I guess. The beds are very comfortable, and the pillows feel like the form fit pillows that mold to you. They have a heater and AC unit that works better than you could imagine, but there is no need for AC with that breeze. There is a huge flat screen TV and they have a lot of channels plus HBO.(Do you really go to Santa Barbara, kidless, to watch TV? I don't think so!!!) Hilton members get free Wi-Fi, but then again, do we need internet?

Fess Parker owns their own winery, so they offer a bottle of Red Wine and a bottle of White Wine, no name, just red and white. $30 per bottle. They also have huge bottles of water in the room, that look like 1 gallon bottles, but they are $7.(We got 2 little bottles at check in, and they will give you more if you need) Down stairs in the lobby, they have a wine tasting tour, but we have yet to take advantage of that either time we stayed here. (Next time baby, I swear)

They have a huge breakfast buffet spread. (Think Las Vegas, with just a lot better and fresher taste.) They have omelets, waffles, pastries, cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, croissants, oatmeal, and fresh juices.(They might have more, I just don't remember, we went elsewhere for breakfast.)(That's another review too)

At the end of our one day here, we have to say, we absolutely loved it. They have a huge pool. and Jacuzzi, and a great bar as well. There is so much to do in Santa Barbara, I am just glad we have a place like this that we can come back to and just relax. Thank you Fess Parker, you made our Valentine's Day weekend(Day Away) that much more special. Give it a try, and make some memories of your own...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam P
mlavine, General Manager at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

We thank you for selecting our resort for your getaway to Santa Barbara! What a wonderful review. The details you provided will be so helpful to our Tripadvisor family and our team members will be delighted to read your very kind compliments about the service they provided while you were here. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort and Santa Barbara!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here during our west coast trip as a stop off before hitting LA, we booked it with Hilton honour points so it was excellent value.

We did not regret our decision, the hotel is nicely positioned next to the coast road and fairly easy to ind although the signage could do with being larger. Check I was painless and we were given a nice cookie at check in.

We were in he Bougainville building on the second floor, you can drive round and we left our car near the entry door in the huge free car park.

First impressions were ok, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable and huge, we had a balcony and we could see the sea from our room. The bathroom however although functional could probably do with a refresh. The bath panel was a little worn. The shower was ok and toiletries were provided.

The room was peaceful with the exception of the Amtrak trains using the adjacent tracks, the horn could wake the dead so why do they feel the need to blast the horn through town at 2am?? No fault of the hotel, but be warned.

We used the pool area which is very nice, towels are provided free for guests.

We were charged for breakfast in our rate, we opted for the 24$ pp buffet which was very good, plenty of choice and good quality,

Overall, we led the doubletree and would recommend it if you're staying in Santa Barbera.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a nice location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were welcomed with fresh baked cookies. The restaurant at the hotel was pretty good as well. The pool area was very inviting.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is in an amazing location. The hotel itself is a little dated. We had a broken dresser drawer and then had to move rooms because the AC was broken. Ended up with a smaller room. We were only there for a night, so didn't make much fuss. The pool bar wasn't open which was annoying. But overall the grounds, the staff and the amenities were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were average but expensive. Parking was $19 a night, also expensive! The hotel was right on the beach, the rooms were adjoined which was nice since we had 7 girls in the party. We didn't spend much time in the room but I was expecting more for the price and I got a discounted rate. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014

We thank you for selecting our resort for the Bachelorette Party. Our destination, location and the larger size of our guestrooms is attractive for this type of celebration. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the location near the beach and connecting guestrooms. We do hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you. Our Reservations team is always willing to discuss various room types and packages available. We hope when your plans include a return trip to Santa Barbara you will contact us and give us the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I would recommend this hotel because of the service and location. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Just across the street from the beach and short walk to State Street. Nice pool area and lounge. They also offer a shuttle to/from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I thought this hotel was amazing - the grounds are really nice, the location is very convenient and my room had great views of the mountains. However, there are a few minuses - like the price on weekends can be extremely high for what you get (I used Hilton points, so that turned out to be a great deal). Some things are definitely dated and the pool is probably the biggest weakness of the whole place. That said, I'd stay there again with points. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast, for a high-profile hotel like this I would expect something more high-end than the standard Hilton selection.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo