This was only our second time coming to Santa Barbara, and our second time staying at the Fess Parker. I just wish we could have stayed a little longer this time. I am a Hilton rewards member, so I do get a little different treatment, but then again, there is no reason you shouldn't be one too...
My girl decided to surprise me and get me tickets to see New Politics in Santa Barbara(later review), so I decided to surprise her and get the hotel room. We both were happy with the outcome.
The concierges here are top notch. They ask you what you need every step of the way. I told them we were checking in, they told me leave the car, they would take care of it. They grabbed our luggage, took it to the room, and even had a cab ready for us, when it was time to leave for the show. The only thing someone messed up on, was I ordered my girl chocolate covered strawberries, that were supposed to be delivered before we got there, they finally brought them to us at 1am when we got home from the show, but they were perfect at that time.(I also got her a tin of cookies.)If you have never had double tree cookies, find one, check in for the night, ask for 2 cookies, and you will be addicted, yes addicted. (What's with me and cookies lately?)
We walked up to the front desk, and the lady working was as nice as could be, and they were busy. She checked us in, told me they had everything on file, and just needed to run my card through. She asked if there was anything special we needed, or forgot, then asked if we needed cookies, and water, we said yes please. She gave us 2 cookies, and 2 bottles of water, ice cold I might add, and we were off to our room.
I didn't know what to expect since they were sold out, and only had 2 queen bed rooms left, but when we opened the door, it was like walking into heaven. The patio door was open, so there was a beautiful ocean breeze that came in. We walked over and looked out and saw the sun, sort of setting over the ocean. It was a very beautiful and romantic sight, especially since we haven't been away together in a very long time.
Huge bathroom, huge bathtub, big shower, and an extra sink, outside of the bathroom so someone can brush their teeth, or wash there hands, if the restroom is occupied. They also have a huge closet, and add extra pillows, and toilet paper, in case you run out, I guess. The beds are very comfortable, and the pillows feel like the form fit pillows that mold to you. They have a heater and AC unit that works better than you could imagine, but there is no need for AC with that breeze. There is a huge flat screen TV and they have a lot of channels plus HBO.(Do you really go to Santa Barbara, kidless, to watch TV? I don't think so!!!) Hilton members get free Wi-Fi, but then again, do we need internet?
Fess Parker owns their own winery, so they offer a bottle of Red Wine and a bottle of White Wine, no name, just red and white. $30 per bottle. They also have huge bottles of water in the room, that look like 1 gallon bottles, but they are $7.(We got 2 little bottles at check in, and they will give you more if you need) Down stairs in the lobby, they have a wine tasting tour, but we have yet to take advantage of that either time we stayed here. (Next time baby, I swear)
They have a huge breakfast buffet spread. (Think Las Vegas, with just a lot better and fresher taste.) They have omelets, waffles, pastries, cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, croissants, oatmeal, and fresh juices.(They might have more, I just don't remember, we went elsewhere for breakfast.)(That's another review too)
At the end of our one day here, we have to say, we absolutely loved it. They have a huge pool. and Jacuzzi, and a great bar as well. There is so much to do in Santa Barbara, I am just glad we have a place like this that we can come back to and just relax. Thank you Fess Parker, you made our Valentine's Day weekend(Day Away) that much more special. Give it a try, and make some memories of your own...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort