“freezing Conference room”

The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
“freezing Conference room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Beyond COLD! everyone complained. I wore 2 jackets most of the conference and had to go outside during break to defrost, and it was only 34 degrees outside. Check your check out receipt, make sure you don't have extra charges. Both years I have stayed there, I have had 'extra' parking fees added. They do not offer FREE WiFi, and they need to. It is a business location. It is a beautiful location, my room was good and very clean. They are remodeling and that is nice. The hallways used to stink, and they no longer do! The staff is friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

With over 30 years of travel worldwide this was the worst from the advertised accommodations I have experienced. Put us in a rennovated section with workers and dust 7 days a week. One elevator access outside also used by workers and materials all day.

4 Thank Richard S
mlavine, General Manager at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay and I wish I had known that you were unhappy with the location of your guestroom. The comfort of our guests is extremely important and i would have done everything possible to ensure you enjoyed your stay. There is nothing we can do about the past experience, but I hope you will give us another chance and return after the renovation is complete and give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Absolutely Loved the Hotel! Our room was beautiful and clean. Right across the street from the beach. Beautiful views. The service was awesome. Everyone was super nice and friendly. Our stay was perfect.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

mlavine, General Manager at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Our staff will be so pleased to know that you enjoyed your accommodations, their service and your stay. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back real soon. Happy holidays!
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Even if you can't afford to spend the night, go into the sidebar which has an outdoor patio, where you can sit and watch the ocean in a peaceful, beautiful setting of palm trees and tranquility. We enjoyed the very large bedroom and bathroom (alas, no exhaust fan). The rest of the 2nd floor where our room was had unfinished rooms, under construction, so if you plan to nap in the daytime, don't stay here. Staff courteous and helpful. In room make it yourself coffee was delicious ("with a hint of chocolate")! We had a mountain view and balcony - beautiful!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jean B
Los Gatos, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

The property is very beautiful and well maintained. It has a fantastic location just across the road from the beach. Every staff member that I spoke with was friendly and helpful. The restaurant was closed on the day we were there, and so we ate in the bar. I had a fruit and cheese plate which was fairly pedestrian. I was hoping for something like I have gotten at the Airport Marriott in SF - but no. My wife's clam chowder was delicious. We travel with our dogs, and this hotel welcomes pet owners. In fact, they are the most pet friendly hotel I have ever encountered - a pet gift bag, information on pet friendly locations and restaurants, and even brought our dogs a water bowl and biscuits when we had breakfast with them. My only complaint was that I was denied complimentary wifi access when I requested it. My suggestion to the hotel industry - just include it in the costs of the hotel - it looks like money grubbing to charge for it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Brian H
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Loved this hotel and professional and friendly staff. This was our first time in Santa Barbara and I feel we choose the best hotel for our accomodations. Right across from the beach and our room had an ocean view, overlooking the beautiful pool. Enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant and had the best experience. Food quality was amazing and our waiter was friendly and extremely professional. Will not stay anywhere else if we visit Santa Barbara. Highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
san jose, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been coming to your Hotel for years and this last time was really the first time I had any problems...when I booked my reservation on line, I called back 3 weeks later to let them know I needed a roll away bed...they told me I didn't even have a reservation...It was just a couple of weeks before we were going and I didn't have a room...the person on the other end did find me a room and I was set at that time....when we actually got to the Hotel, I had requested 2 queen beds ,which was stated on my paperwork and they stated they didn't have a ocean view room, which I paid for, with queen beds...only a garden view.They however gave me 1- night at garden view and the 2nd night gave me an ocean view...I was a little frustrated with the whole process, but in the end it worked out and I for sure would come back.....

3 Thank Kim G