The name Fess Parker brings memories of childhood, home, comfort, reliability...and this hotel deliver, with architecture that manages to feel traditional and contemporary at the same time. Staff was friendly and helpful, loved the homey touch of a warm chocolate chip cookie at check in. Guest Services wasn't as organized as I would have expected (one would think they could answer a simple question about tours at their own winery). Parking was a little steep for self park, at $20 a day, but hey, its CA. The room was spacious, well decorated and comfortable. All that and the view too, ocean in front and mountains in the back, I would definitely stay there again.
Speaking of the winery, we drove up the mountain and joined a wine tasting, had a very enjoyable experience. Would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort