We spent a night here as part of our tour around California, unfortunately it coincided with the Tour of California cycle race that arrived at the hotel the same time we did. Because of the bike race, the traffic around the hotel was completely grid-locked and after a 11 hr flight from the UK, 90 minutes to get through US border control and then 3 hr drive to Santa Barbara from LA due to the traffic, to then take another hour to get close to the hotel and get in to the full parking lot perhaps we were not in the best of spirits when we arrived. It would have been nice if the hotel had placed something on their website advising potential traffic issues as well as the fact the hotel would be completely over run with the bike race competitors and organizers. We would have chosen to stay else where just so we had an enjoyable 1st night of our vacation.
the room we were given was pretty big, and well appointed, the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom again was sizable with a very nice shower and Spa bath. One area of concern was no matter what light switch we found on the walls, we could not light the entrance way to the room, not normally an issue, but with the layout of the room, we did walk in to some of the furniture a few times.
We ate and drank in the hotel bar, we found the food to be of good quality and the selection of drinks very nice. Our server was very friendly and gave us good service. Breakfast was a different matter, i do find it incredible that even though you are given free of charge breakfast vouchers for a buffet breakfast that the serving staff still expect a large tip for doing nothing than bringing a glass of OJ to the table, especially in this case, our server hardly acknowledged us, when asked a question we got 'grunts' in response.
Overall i did like this hotel for a 1 night stay, it didn't appear to be anything special, but after such a long day travelling, perhaps we were not as objective as we could be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort