The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Sydney, Australia
“Time warp!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Arriving at this large resort was like stepping back in time to the 50's/60's - but in a good way! The large reception area with adjoining bars/restaurants is a great place to sit and take in the ambiance of the place. The pool area is great with plenty of space. All staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were large enough for a family of 4 with teenagers. Furnishings could be modernised (room was very clean) but they actually add to the whole feel of the place. Being able to do own laundry at a reasonable price was excellent. Santa Barbara is a short drive away which brings me to my only complaint - parking. This sprawling resort has acres of parking but they still charge $19 per day!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 66muz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Turkish first
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where to start. I haven't been back in almost 7 years and i was lucky enough to revisit after all this time. I'm so glad that I did because the service was unmatched. From the time I drove in, the valet, I think his name was Dave to the time I checked in with Jeff, it was just perfection. I don't know how their cheeks don't hurt all the time from smiling so much. They were just so sincere and I felt it. Everyone that i encountered, it was smiles from cheek to cheek. Service is everything to me and i was glad to see that service was emphasized strongly at this resort. Overall, The property was beautiful, breakfast was quick and easy and most importantly, service was top notch. Thank you and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Traveler3435
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went for my big 4.0 with my girlfriend and had a great time! We got in pretty late so I'm used to getting the "B" squad elsewhere, but the staff here was still immediately attentive and friendly. "A+!" Dor at the front desk was gracious and offered us water and cookies upon greeting us. This was our first time at the hotel and we found it to have a great resort feel. Couldn't have asked for a better time, location or quality staff. Definitely will be going back!

Room Tip: Get a beach view if you can. Well worth it waking up to!
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is in need of an update and it seems that it's coming which is good. The rooms were all very spacious, the furniture and beds were comfortable but the carpeting, paint, wallpaper, lamp shades, etc are all worn out and need to be replaced. The bathroom in our room also needed a good cleaning on the back on the door and in other spots that the usual housekeeping doesn't get to. I would compare the state the rooms are in to a decent Best Western, nothing special and if they want to continue charging the rates they do they need to improve.

Still can't believe hotels still charge $12 per day, per IP address for wireless internet.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
mlavine, General Manager at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your comments. I was very sorry to learn that our housekeeping team missed an area in the bathroom of your guestroom. Your comment will assist our management staff when they review this with our housekeeping team. We are excited about the major renovation in the planning stage right now and hope you will return to experience the improvements and give us another opportunity to serve you..
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited Fess Parker for the day on my boyfriend's birthday and I absolutely loved it! I was taken care of by Dor who was very friendly and wonderful ! Room service was prompt, food was delicious and the lady at the front was so sweet whose smile was contagious. Great staff!! The hotel is gorgeous and only steps away from the beach ! I loved it ! I'm definitely going back soon!!!!

rep of ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly at check in and once they found out we were honeymoon couple they upgraded us to a lovely ocean view room and granted free parking. The room was lovely and comfortable and its a nice stroll into town. There is also a lovely pool and the laundry room is handy for those of us doing a bit of traveling.

We didn't eat there so can't comment.

• Stayed January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nice staff but Internet and TV was not working great! Great location but was a bit pricy for what you get. I had to stay there for school so they were very busy. The meeting rooms where great and everyone was friendly. My main problem was in the room with bad Internet and TV as well as the heating was not working right.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
mlavine, General Manager at The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We are very sorry that you encountered problems with the internet and television in your guestroom. We have addressed these important issues with our maintenance staff. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct the problem. We are pleased that you enjoyed the service you received from our staff. They strive so hard to ensure that every guest enjoys their time here. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.