Check in was not a good experience due to the woman with an attitude who barked commands at us. We probably should have left but didn't. All we wanted to do was check in. It's amazing that so many hotels tolerate rude staff. Perhaps she was the owner.
The rooms are colorful and roomy. There is a decent pool which is good for kids. If you want a lap pool there is one a short walk away down by the harbor. Across the street is a large park which is perfect for kids, playing sports and walking dogs. The beach is a short walk away. Downtown Santa Barbara via State Street is about a 20 minute walk as is the Amtrak train station. Breakfast is served and has basic selections. Most people ate quickly and left. Overall not a bad location or hotel but there is no excuse for rudeness so we won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Avania Inn of Santa Barbara Hotel is located 1 block to waterfront. Offering a Free Hot Breakfast buffet, Free Wireless Internet. Rooms offer Pillow Top Premium Beds, Fridge/Microwaves in rooms, coffee makers, iron/ironing boards. On site Heated Pool & Spa. Also on site Redwood Sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Avania Inn of Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avania Inn Of Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Avania Hotel Santa Barbara
- Avania Santa Barbara
- Country Inn Santa Barbara