Ramada Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$309
$297
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$394
$288
Kimpton
  • Pool
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$282
$224
  • Beachfront
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$150
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$229
$213
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$189
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$208
$164
Official Site
2,199 results
All reviewsdrew wakefieldduck pondbeautiful lagooncontinental breakfasthard boiled eggspool areabagelsfront desk staffminute drivedowntown sbnice poolhot tubacross the streetfree parkingcookiesstate streetducks
Reviewed February 2, 2009

I will start with the good. The staff at check in was very nice and helpful. The hotel grounds are pretty with the pond, ducks and foliage and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. The rooms on the other hand need to be renovated. It's an old hotel with paper thin walls and thin glass so you hear the train and freeway traffic all night. If you do decide to stay here I would definitely ask for a room facing the garden area. To be fair, we did book through Hotwire and got a very good rate but as expected the worst of rooms. I was told to make my reservation through Ramada next time ( which means a higher rate, of course). If you are not familiar with the area this hotel is not close to Santa Barbara attractions but is close to UC Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Santa_Barbara_Ramada, Manager at Ramada Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2009

Hello GSX777,

First off let me say thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay. I always say the guests who take the time to put positive reviews gives us a chance to share with the staff a job well done. The guests who provide critical reviews are a great opportunity to make improvements whether they be immediate or ideas for future implementation.

No matter what the circumstance going on around the hotel with regards to noise or guest traffic the one thing we can always be on top of is our customer service. When you first walk into the lobby we want to make sure that you are welcomed and know that we appreciate your business. Our gardens and koi lagoons are quite unique in Santa Barbara and Goleta and have won many landscaping awards. Although the breakfast is complimentary we try our best to make it hearty and healthy enough that our guests will be able to save more money and time by not having to go out to eat. The breakfast room attendants work very hard to make sure the room is clean and the food is fresh. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy all of these aspects of the hotel service during your stay.

While we rarely receive any complaints related to noise, we are not totally immune. In fact if you look at other properties on Trip Advisor the noise of hotels is one of the most common complaints you will see. In my mind I think it has less to do with the hotel than other inconsiderate guests who are being abnormally loud. Our hotel was built in the 1970's and has the benefit of having concrete block walls which is much superior to the wood framing of newer hotels. Our last renovation was completed in January of 2008 so while the thick walls and exterior of the building are not brand new the interior rooms are equipped with modern convenience and amenities. Free wired and wireless internet, full premium cable with free HBO, microwaves and refrigerators, and upgraded spa styled bathroom amenities are all standard in every room. We even put rubber fishies that look like the koi in the bathrooms as a keepsake for the kids or simply something for them to play in the pool with.

While you did get a good rate with Hotwire the catch is that you don't know which hotel you will be staying at and they will always book the cheapest possible room which means you do not get a chance to book a Gardenside room. We will happily upgrade you for a very small upgrade charge if we have the rooms available. As always if you ever have an issue with your room please contact the 24/7 front desk and they would be more than happy to try and fix any issue or move you to another room that is more likeable. Booking through the hotels website ensures that you get exactly what room type you want and at the hotel you want to stay in, and honestly the rates are not that much more expensive.

We are a 5 minute drive North to the main entrance of UCSB and a 10 minute drive South to get to the downtown area. So we are centrally located between downtown and Goleta (a little closer to Goleta) but you do not have to pay the additional cost in your room rate for the same quality of product. We have actually had guests tell us that they stayed downtown for close to twice the price and they liked our property and service better! Again thank you for mentioning the good things we did during your stay as well as some of the improvements you felt we could make. I hope I have answered all of your questions and should you come back to the area please feel free to personally give a call. My name is Jed and I am the Assistant General Manager at the hotel and it would be my pleasure to have you back and get a second chance.

Thanks again.

Reviewed January 30, 2009

What a weekend. Arrived Saturday and had the opportunity to attend a UCSB women's basketball game. The game was great, the campus was gorgeous, and our dinner and dessert at a local restaurant was awesome.

Kids of course wanted us to hurry back to enjoy the late evening hanging out by the pond and swimming. The pond...what an addition not only for a soothing atmosphere, but the kids loved it. They looked for fish, ducks, and their creativity was just wonderful. The pool and hot tub...what a treat. The heated pool was great, very clean, and relaxing.The kids loved the pool and the hot tub was just the perfect touch to unwind and finish the day. The pool area was immaculate and the pool towels were many and easily attainable.

The bedding was top notch while the beds were very comfortable. We loved the rooms!

Breakfast...too easy...too perfect! Great variety of food and selections for the kids. The waffles, fruit, coffee...we loved it.

We jsut had a wonderful time...the staff was welcoming and helpful, the grounds were gorgeous and clean, the rooms, beds, pool, breakfast, just great!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank FrancoHarris
Santa_Barbara_Ramada, Director of Sales and Marketing at Ramada Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2009

Dear Francoharris,

It sounds like you had a very busy weekend, and we are glad that decided to choose the Ramada Limited in Santa Barbara for your hotel accommodations. Our close distance to UCSB makes the Ramada Limited the perfect hotel if you are going to be visiting the campus or any of the events on campus.

Knowing that your children enjoyed our year round heated pool and Jacuzzi makes it worth keeping the heat on through out the year. The beautiful fresh water lagoon with all of the fish, turtles, birds, and of course the ducks really gives an atmosphere of being in an oasis.

With our extensive remodel in 2008, new Sealy Posturepedic beds that extremely comfortable were added to every room along with refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers. All this accompanies the complementary Wired and Wireless internet access and premium cable T.V. and free HBO.

We thank you for your kind words and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2009

Date: January 10-11, 2009
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor member, Alameda, CA

Our Ultimate Frisbee team just returned from a weekend stay at this property. Very convenient to the UCSB fields and shopping areas. We requested an early morning breakfast due to our tournament schedule and Drew Wakefield, Director of Sales, was able to arrange everything we needed to make our experience unforgettable. The waffles were perfectly prepared by the morning crew and we were fed and ready to leave by 6:45am!

The rooms were comfortable, clean, and well-stocked. Our patio opened out to the gardenside with views of the pool area.

The night manager, bless her heart, (I believe her name is Sarah) was most helpful in arranging for us to use their breakfast room for an evening gathering. She also kept some fresh baked cookies for us at check-in, after we drove in at 10:00pm from a long road trip. What a sweet way to begin our stay.

Kudos to Jed, the manager on duty, who helped me in connecting to the in-room internet. He was very patient and performed extra care in making sure everything worked for me.

Overall, our group of 30 players and fans, had a wonderful experience and will be back again!

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 15, 2009

The Ramada Limited in Santa Barbara is an excellent place to stay in that area. The entire staff is dedicated to serving their guests, and they provide extremely professional services and information about the area. The grounds are beautiful. A large lagoon with wonderful native plants surround a very large, heated swimming pool and spa. A continental breakfast is served daily. Newspapers (USA Today and a local paper) are available for all guests. Each room has a patio either on or overlooking the lagoon and swimming pool area. The rooms are very large, spotless and well appointed. Each room has two sinks - one in the bath and one just outside the bath. The staff is extremely knowledgeable about the Santa Barbara area to assist you in finding all types of quality restaurants, shopping, etc. I highly recommend the Ramada Limited for anyone considering staying in the area.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I booked this hotel through Hotwire primarily due to the rather high TripAdvisor rating shown before I booked relative to other properties in the area with a similar price and similar star rating. When I saw that I had received the Ramada "LIMITED" I cringed, as I have seen this brand of motel in other places I have traveled and found motels that appeared to be in very poor condition in questionable neighborhoods with few amenities.

After booking, I called the property to find out what type of room I had been assigned. The person who took the call was quite friendly and professional, which I took as a positive.

The property was very easy to find and upon arrival mid evening my check in was handled quickly by two employees who were again friendly and helpful. The lobby was decent sized with free coffee, copier, and computer/printer. The condition of the lobby was very good.

The property design is strange as the rooms have interior hallways but the hallways are detached from the lobby. The doors into the hallway were simply unlocked with no key card needed for entry, but the location seemed safe so I did not find this to be an issue. I was in a ground floor room. There was a sliding glass door that opened directly out into the parking lot from the room, which, for some reason, I found latched but not locked each day after the maid tended to my room. The room itself was modern in appearance with furniture and other items in good condition. The bed was comfortable and room was quiet. The bathroom was smaller and there were some condition and cleanliness issues there such as a few stains on the wall and some mis-matched tiles in the shower. Overall, everything in the bathroom functioned just fine and after disinfecting it I felt comfortable using it despite the small issues.

The grounds of the hotel around the pool are quite nice and the free breakfast offered was much larger than the standard free breakfast and also of higher quality than the standard free breakfast. The parking lot even had paper towel dispensers placed around to clean off your car's windows from the moisture that collects on them overnight in this climate.

Overall, I was quite happy with the stay and services offered by this hotel. It was much better than I would have expected from a Ramada "LIMITED." In fact, this property was far better than the two actual Ramada Properties I have stayed at in the past year.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo