“Great stay at Brisas Del Mar”

Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Beaumont, California
“Great stay at Brisas Del Mar”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Loved our stay @ Brisas. Helpful staff. Great, simple, and clean rooms. A free bottle of champagne chilled in our fridge! Also as previously mentioned; free loaner bikes to cruise the beach, wine and cheese bar, milk & cookies, and a very nice breakfast buffet (great yogurt parfaits!) Really enjoyed our stay. We were at the end of our road trip so we decided to order pizza to our room. The front desk staff helped us with our order was delivered in no time.
Thank you Brisas Del Mar! We'll be back!

1 Thank Raquel G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We've stayed here previously, a couple years earlier, and found the place to be quaint and reasonably priced. It's an older place but I think they've spruced it up since our previous stay. Clean, simple rooms, nice layout, and the staff is wonderful. Love the wine and cheese in afternoons, cookies and milk at bedtime. Convenient location to everything. Hope the drought eases up soon, so they can run their lovely fountain again!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel has wonderful staff (William was particularly helpful and pleasant) and is a lovely, quaint hotel close to the beach and downtown Santa Barbara. Offer many complimentary amenities - wine/ cheese, cookies/milk, continental breakfast, use of bicycles, pool/spa, gym, etc. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, ours had a full kitchen and living room at a very reasonable rate. We will definitely return!

1 Thank HmD28
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2014

While the property may be a bit old, there were lots of things to like at this hotel. We had narrowed the search beforehand to about 3 or 4 hotels but thought this would be the best option. They offered a convenient location (walkable to the beach or downtown), had a pool/hot tub, light breakfast option, wine & cheese in the evening, homemade cookies at night, easy parking. The place was as advertised and there were some pleasant surprises such as: comfortable beds, rooms were very clean, and the front desk service was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank mwhal
Glenside, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Brisas Del Mar is in a very convenient location, an easy walk to the beach or State Street. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the pool made a nice relaxing spot on warm afternoons. This hotel also provides fun extras - delicious wine and cheese in the afternoons, cookies in the evening, a huge selection of videos to borrow and watch in the room. They encourage guests to mingle in the lobby and pool areas. The breakfast selection was very appetizing. My daughters and I stayed here and met a friend, and we all had a wonderful time. I would definitely stay here again if I have the chance to go back to Santa Barbara.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Brisas on two separate occasions in the past two weeks. The first time I spent three days with my sister at the Brisas. The hotel is very nice with a nice pool with spa is small workout room. There's a nice breakfast along with wine and cheese and cookies in the evening. But what really impressed me was the great staff. They are very helpful and attentive. On my second time at Brisas I was there just for one night to catch a plane back home to San Francisco the next morning. I had a flight leaving at 12:40 from Santa Barbara airport. I booked my own transportation through Road Runner limousine/shuttle service. They were supposed to pick me up at 11:30, which I thought was a little tight for 12:40 flight, But the hotel is very near the airport. I got to the lobby at 11:20 and waited till 1130 and there was still no shuttle. I called road runner and they lied to me, telling me that the shuttle was on its way.
The two gentlemen that were working the lobby that day was very helpful, they tried to call the shuttle company for me, but they got no response. Then at 11:41 one of the gentleman said he was calling a cab for me. Not only did he get a cab, he got me a flat rate which is $30 versus $50. Because of their help I was able to make my plane on time. Luckily their were no delays and I was able to get security quite quickly, and made my flight on time. However, if it had not been the gentlemen working the front desk that day. I probably would've missed my flight. I later found out from roadrunner that there was "miscommunication" between the driver and dispatch. Basically they blew it, and they will be hearing from me.They did refund my money but they should've offered to pay for the cab. Anyway kudos to the Brisa staff, they saved the day.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Sharon Z
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Brisas Del Mar for a few day, Santa Barbara getaway. Based on the Tripadvisor reviews, I found it to be exactly what I expected, and we were happy with that. It's a glorified motel that is very well kept and has lots of cute perks, such as champagne, wine and cheese, milk and cookies, a nice little pool/hot tub, bikes, etc. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and the location is awesome for both walking and biking around Santa Barbara. Just a few short blocks from the beach as well. The rooms have an older "charm" but as a person who is usually quite picky about being in a new, modern hotel, I found the cleanliness to be top notch and the beds very comfortable. If you're looking to explore wonderful Santa Barbara like we were, then this is a no brainer. If you are looking to lounge at your hotel in Santa Barbara, then maybe splurge for a more resort type experience.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a King Suite, which was very nice.