“Great Price”

Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, United States
“Great Price”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Nice room by the pool. We have stayed here twice in the last few months. Great value for the money. We have stayed by the beach as well. Some hotels don't have A/C so be careful in the summer because it does get hot without A/C. This hotel has A/C. Believe me you don't want to hear your neighbors at night with window open!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Santa Barbara. We are very lucky here that we do rarely need air conditioning; but when needed; it certainly is nice to have. Hope you come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Longview, Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a family road trip. Great 2 bedroom apartment for a great price. Our family of five was very comfortable and Mom and Dad had some privacy for once! Beautiful grounds and well taken care of buildings. Fragrant flowers everywhere. Friendly staff and room was the cleanest we have seen on entire trip.

Stayed February 2014
Wow……….thanks for your wonderful review of our hotel; and thank you for being our guest. We do love to have families come and enjoy those large suites we have. We hope you will visit us again when traveling to Santa Barbara.
Claremont, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We looking for something clean, comfortable and reasonably priced for a long weekend. This hotel was a good fit. It's a bit out of the way, but since we like to walk, the walk into downtown was fine. We appreciated the fact that the room was clearly well maintained and that it had a couple of comfortable chairs, including a recliner(!) so we had a choice of something other than sitting on the bed to read or watch TV.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Lovely review; we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and had a comfortable room. Hope you come and visit us again when traveling to Santa Barbara.
California
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel is mainly because it offers two bedroom townhouse at a really affordable price. For traveling with my parents (we are all adults), two bedrooms is a bonus compare to 1 room suite.

This hotel exceeds my expectation. It is beautiful outside, once you arrive the little flowers all around bring you into a vacation mood. The townhouse is spacious, nice living area and dinning area downstairs, very functioning and convenient kitchen. Also a powder room downstairs. Upstairs two bedrooms with a shared bathroom. Everything is organized and clean. It also has a small back patio. You may sit outside enjoy the peaceful life like a local Santa Barbara people......

A few things I think this hotel could improve: 1, it did take me a few minutes to find my town house after I got instruction from front desk. You said turn left when you see stop sign...but on bath st, there is no stop sign. The sign is on the small st which I need to turn on, how I can see that before I turn on...2, your restaurant is a little pricy and...I personally don't like any dish i ordered there. But maybe that's just me. 3, your front desk is very professional but I feel less warmth compare to the best western I stayed the night before at salinas, ca. (The one when I check in), the one when I check out is super nice though.

Overall I like this hotel a lot. Although it is not by the beach, if offers great value in a town like Santa Barbara. For family vacations I will definitely come back again. Of cause, did I also mention how great place Santa Barbara is? :)

• Stayed February 2014
Carol W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
We love your review of our hotel; and thank you for being our guest. I’m sorry if we weren’t completely clear with our directions to your room………we usually give each guest a property map and give detailed instructions as to how to get to their room.

Sorry you weren't completely happy with our restaurant; but that generally you liked our property and the beautiful town of Santa Barbara. We hope you will come back another time and give us another chance.
Corralitos, California, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I loved this place because it was spacious, clean, full 2 bedroom apartment. Large couch, full kitchen, even the ceilings were wood beamed freshly painted instead of cheap looking hotel room usual ceilings. There was no 'free breakfast' which is a plus for me, I don't care for the cheap bland food at 'free buffets', but there is a restaurant if you want onsite breakfast. The location is close enough to downtown, 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk to the busy part of State St. I will 100% return to this hotel when/if I find myself in SB again.

Room Tip: ask for the suites that used to be apartments, we enjoyed our upstairs room so there weren't peo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for being our guest; and for enjoying one of our apartment suites. We do hope you will come and visit us again.
Oakland, California
Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was ok, but the rooms are very tired. Not sure why it's a Best Western "plus"..not sure what the "plus" means. But it needs refreshing and the shower water pressure in my room was horrible. Staff all very nice and helpful and they took $20 off my room price but I don't think I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank craesilver
Carol W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for your review and for your compliment of our staff, they always appreciate being mentioned.
Best Western Plus means that we meet the requirements of AAA 3-Diamond rating, along with upgraded bath amenities, mini frig. , available breakfast, fitness room, on-site laundry and dry cleaning service, free high speed internet and local calls and a business center.
We are constantly renovating our rooms; so please come see us again when you visit Santa Barbara and give us a chance to put you in one of our newer rooms.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very courteous and helpful staff. It's our second monthly stay in two years time.
We are looking forward to our next stay in December of 2014.

This Lodge/Hotel is definitely recommendable.

...........

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We are so happy you chose us as your winter retreat; look forward to your next visit here in sunny Santa Barbara. This winter sure has been warm; glad you got to enjoy it with us.
Thank you for reviewing us.