“cute place in a residential neighborhood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was so surprised by this little hotel just reminds me of a baby El Encanto but on a budget. The staff was lovely and attentive the room amenities were not expected including robes, it was so Nice to have Crabtree and Evelyn products very spacious room i stayed in 266 which opens directly to the pool with lovely garden too. I had dinner in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised the quality and flavor of my steak was excellent. The feel of a B&B without the close contact of others, as we do not like B&B's.

• Stayed June 2013
Cupertino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

A family member was in Cottage Hospital for over a week and I came to visit for several days. Fortunately I was able to get a room here, as it is just a short walk to the hospital. I also appreciated having the cafe next to the Lodge for breakfast and dinner. Although I spent very little time in the room it was well appointed with all the amenities anyone would need. The only suggestion I have is to add a towel bar by the sink. I had to hang my hand towel over the bar of the vanity mirror (nice item to have, by the way). The front desk staff was courteous and helpful, and readily give a "medical reason" rate. Recommend you stay here if you are visiting someone in the hospital.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SV95014
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This charming hotel is like staying at a Swiss Alps Lodge. Nice & clean with great beds, pool and grassy court yard & a restaurant overlooking the pool. IT has a bird aviary that kids of all ages will marval at for hours. I even checked it out at night to see what the little guys were doing. They were sleeping in the many different hanging bird houses. Hotel has lots of blooming flowers everywhere just like Europe does. Nice staff, good coffee always ready. Not close to the beach this in in town but still walking distance to places to eat and cabs are cheap and always quick to pick you up here.

Room Tip: Rooms seem bigger upstairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
traveling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had to make an emergency trip back to the States after my husband was tripped, fell hard and broke his elbow in Rome, Italy. His surgery was scheduled at a surgical center adjacent to Cottage Hospital, and the specialist's staff told us that the Best Western a block away gave a medical discount. When we checked in the kind staff member decided he should give us a room on the ground floor with a "kitchenette"...which really meant a small kitchen. That in combo with prompt room service of delicious well-priced dinners from their on-site cafe made all the difference to us. It was the best situation we could possibly ask for during a very difficult time. I saw several other guests enjoying their pretty and large pool area. The exterior looks like just an old well-maintained Best Western, but the interior of our room was updated, roomy, nicely appointed and clean. I would highly recommend this BW for any reason. The only reason I won't give it five stars is that I think of using five stars for high-end luxury resort hotels.

Room Tip: I agree with another poster that rooms in the back of the property would be best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dnsbus
Medford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was simply perfect..from the room (cleanest room ever) to the beautiful flowers right out side our room ...we had a 2 bedroom suite which was so comfy especially with an other couple ...very friendly staff, great little gift shop in lobby ...unfortunately we didn't get to eat on site ,next time. I would recommend this place to everyone ...wish we cold have stayed longer ...

Room Tip: Room 317 was great ...second floor nice porch ,two bedrooms and kitchen large family room ,very comf...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I checked in everything was great, they actually called the room to make sure everything was ok, and made dinner reservations for me. then on day two the air conditioner broke at 10pm. I Reported it, no one came, when I went to office to check he says its not better, we flipped a switch. I told him, no, he said well I can give u a fan cuz were completely sold out. NO. So I ended up with a noisy portable AIr unit!!

Even if you we're sold out, you could have checked to see if FLIPPING the switch helped, rather than having me waiting!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 310OGBear
SBHotelGroup, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Greetings 310OGBear,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the malfunctioning air-conditioner in your guestroom. Unfortunately because the malfunction occurred later in the evening, we were unable to thoroughly repair the unit as it may have disturbed other guests. I apologize for not immediately following up on the issue and I am truly sorry that it affected an otherwise enjoyable stay. Please know that based on your comments we have repaired the AC unit and we have reviewed with our front desk and maintenance team the proper procedures for addressing maintenance concerns. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and giving us the opportunity to better serve all our guests. Warmly, Carol Wolford - General Manager.