Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Breakfast included
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$379
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$211
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$215
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

Ramada by Wyndham Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$243
$188
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$319
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$460
$428
Kimpton
  • Pool
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$235
All reviewssansum clinicbird aviaryon site restaurantresidential areafull kitchenbedroom suitestate streetwould stay here againbottled waterquiet locationclose to downtownbit datedwalking distancenice stayhome away from homefresh fruithot tub
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice clean hotel.
Great for short trips to Santa Barbara.
Convenient location and AMAZINGLY FRIENDLY STAFF!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to get a good value for money spent

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Staying here now, and room 217 has the hardest bed I've ever had the displeasure of using. If there was more bedding I would have just slept on the floor last night, at least there would have been lots of room. Oh wait, not really because this room is tiny. I think I have the runt room- double bed and tiny space. Not a great deal for $200 in November!

The front desk was rude yesterday evening about it all, but really helpful this morning. When I booked, they did tell me the bed was small (full size, but seems even smaller than that) so I can't fault them, but you should know- small means small.

Might get to move rooms (booked up) or get extra padding. At least the front desk acknowledged that the beds are hard and lots of people don't like them. Thank you for not telling me I'm crazy!

The rest of the property seems nice- quite, easy parking, big pool, close to the freeway and downtown (but you can't walk to downtown) Certainly not high style, but a good economy hotel, if the bed was sleepable!!! I call this average to a bit above average if the bed was good.

Room Tip: Not room 217- tiny room, tiny, hard miserable bed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom R
SBHotelGroup, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Greetings Tom R.

Thank you for alerting us of your disappointment in our mattress. It is guests like you who are the hotel experts so we appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to improve our service. Please know that our staff will inspect each mattress to ensure a quality restful sleep for all our guests. We hope you accept our sincerest apologies and may visit us again so that we may show you the true meaning of our hotel experience. Warmly, Carol Wolford, General Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am NOT kidding! While this is a nice, quiet California inn, the beds are amazingly firm! And, the trick is, the staff doesn't at all care if you didn't sleep well, and that you paid quite a bit to stay there.

At check out, I mentioned this. Sounds like the owner wants the beds extra firm and has them specially made. The staff, naturally, won't disagree, and are completely indifferent to guest's concerns. No money back at all, no apology, nothing.

Unacceptable! Avoid!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jmilleratp

Greetings jmileratp,

Please let me begin by offering my sincerest apologies that you were unhappy with the comfort of our mattress during your recent stay with us. We truly care about the experience of each of our guests so do I apologize if this was not expressed. Please be assured that we will inspect each mattress to ensure a comfortable night rest. We value your opinions and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve on our hotel experience. Warmly, Carol Wolford, General Manager.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Spent a night in June here with the family in one of the newly renovated two bedroom suites.
Very comfortable beds with down blankets, not those horrid synthetic things which seems to be the norm nowadays. The lounge area was large with plenty of lamps, sofas and a big flat screen TV. The kitchen was well equipped, and the small dining area seats four. There was quite a bit of noise from the upper floor rooms.
The bathroom was adequate. They supply Crabtree and Evelyn products, and there was even a shower cap and shoe shiner - have not seen those in hotels for some time. Just one question - what's up with that small toilet?? Seems as though it should be in an elementary school bathroom. One very big plus in the bathroom - the enlarging make-up mirror. Wish all hotel bathrooms had one. There were also plenty of towels - not the usual one per person.
The hotel is within walking distance from the Cottage Hospital and various other clinics. It has the Las Aves Cafe providing breakfast, lunch and dinner, and also serves Sunday Brunch.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed one night in August, I have a Best western rewards card and was given a lovely chilled wine for my Birthday, We had a two bedroomed suite which was like a apartment great beds, lounge and kitchen. We had a separate dining area. Staff on front desk were helpful gave me map and told me the main attractions and how to get to them, Spa pool was lovely and hot although we did have to wait past the time it was due to open The cleaning guy was not going to be rushed even though we were waiting. Pool looked lovely but did not use it. Free parking but,nothing walkable near this hotel. Santa Barbara is lovely would return. Nice quiet location. and better value if you need two bedrooms.than some others in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family