“Nice Stay”

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night on our trip down the coast. Nice quiet place, several little buildings on the property, nice location in a residential neighborhood, a bit dated, but other than that, not bad.Not too far from downtown and the restaurants.

Room Tip: I always try to get a higher floor, less street and traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stockton, California
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My famiy spent June 15-17th at this great hotel! We stayed in the two bedroom family suites with full kitchen. It was my son's graduation from UCSB and I was able to accomodate my family in these comfortable, immaculately clean, large family room suites. The kitchen comes fully stocked and I served two large meals with ease! The beds were super soft and comfy and we all had great sleeping experiences! Every member of the staff were friendly and helpful. Santa Barbara downtown was close and the University was a 15 min drive, Easy!!!
I will stay there again and again. Thanks to Best Western for a fabulous family weekend!

Room Tip: Two Bedroom with full kitchen on second floor with balcony, seats and lots of flowers. A garden appe...
San Fernando, California
Reviewed June 16, 2012

It is a good place to spend a weekend at alos if you have people at the hospital next door the people who work there understand what you are going through. I do not have anyone but the people that I was sitting beside in the pool area where telling me that they where very understanding and helped her a lot. The rooms are very large and they have a restaurant on site. Which has a good line of food.

Room Tip: Second floor anywhere is good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family stayed for two nights for a soccer tournament. We like having a suite because my wife and I want to be in a different room then the kids. The suite worked great. Very big rooms and my kids took the room with the pull out sofa. A little dated and a small bathroom but otherwise it fit our needs. I would avoid the restaurant, Las Alves. The dinner food was ok but my kids did not like and the breakfast was terrible. For a late breakfast to make up the terrible breakfast at Las Alves we went to State Street and had a terrific breakfast at Joe's Cafe. No fitness center on site disappointed my wife and considering the size of the Best Western they should convert a couple of rooms somewhere to a fitness center.

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My sister-in-law and I stayed overnight at Encina Lodge last Friday night. What a charming place--older, think '50's, redecorated establishment, very, very clean, very nice staff helpful courteous staff, excellent Boyd's brewed coffee in the reception area. I counted 10 separate 2-story buldings on a large, spread-out property. Free parking, quiet ambience throughout--we were adjacent to the jacuzzi area, but it shuts down drom 9 pm-9am. Our patio-syle room (#270 ) was very roomy, with a new big LG flat screen TV, little fridge, and separate sitting area with sofa and table and chairs. A sliding door opened to a patio area set in a grassy belt between the buildings, providing a kind of "backyard", homey feel. We were on the first floor, so yes, you can hear people moving around upstairs. I always travel with earplugs and eyemask, though, so I didn't hear anything overnight to disturb my sleep. Little touches everywhere to make our stay nice. They are very geneous with the numbers of towels and pillows provided, fresh apples and hard candies in the room, complimentary bathrobes to use during our stay (100% polyester is my only complaint, as it doesn't breath as well a cotton or a cotten blend), Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. Lovely pool area adjacent to the Las Aves Cafe. We ate breakfast there--I appreciated that the portions were not immense--just right, and very good, with good service. Also, very clean.

Room Tip: Our first floor room was very convenient to our parked car. You could hear movement above, so if yo...
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Fantastic staff. Carol, Helen, Cristy,Teresa, Akio, are friendly and so very helpful. We have stayed here many times. They bend over backwards to accommodate our special needs. They do everything in their power to help us when our schedule changes and need to stay at the hotel longer.. The staff is so kind. Rooms are clean and very comfortable. Housekeeping, maintenance, everyone is friendly and they care about making our stay the best possible. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Love the pool side suites.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Visited with family, came from Belgium. A very good stay, pleasant 20-30 min. walk from all the activity (but there is bus service nearby), leafy residential area, nice-sized room with vaulted ceiling, good lobby. I don't normally like hotels with "exterior doors", but didn't mind on this one. Only quibble is the (I think) unheated pool. (A must even in sunny California, due to the changing temperatures and low humidity.)

Overall a recommended hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one of the "vaulted cieling" rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family