Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tarek7777
Kuwait City, Kuwait

Not a good place

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 13, 2019via mobile
We spend almost 800 for 4 nights and the place is seriously terrible for the money spent, you can hear everything from next door, zero privacy, old and dirty looking place, it’s my first time at a best western place and I don’t understand how could be there hotels like that in Santa Barbara !!!
It’s
Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Responded May 13, 2019
Tarek7777, thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I apologize we did not meet your expectations and want to confirm that your review is meant for the Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn. I wish I had a better understanding of your disappointment as your review is not at all indicative of our hotel ratings/reviews. My team strives to ensure the cleanliness and manicured presentation of the hotel, inside and out, which frequently result in positive comments. I invite you to contact me direct to further discuss your comments. 805-687-5511 as I take your feedback very seriously and never want a guest to leave our hotel with such a bad impression. Sincerely, Chivaun.
$321
4.8 miles from Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Beachfront
View more hotels in Santa Barbara
1,659 results
All reviews best westerns across the street state street pool area bottled water stayed one night peppertree downtown macys bw patio sb freeway microwave jacuzzi mission pier
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Rooms are nice, but outdated. Showers have not been refurbed since the 1980's Grounds unkempt..found some nasty stuff in pool area. I get the partying, but someone's got to clean that up by 10:00 on Mother's Day, right? Rooms were not ready as promised but front desk swiped my card for both rooms in full, and said, "it'll be another hour', but thanks for waiting...My wife and mother in law should not have to wait for a room at 3PM on Mother's Day weekend.

Room tip: Perhaps stay at a Marriott?
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear James J. I apologize you had an unusual experience where the public spaces were not clean. Typically our grounds are immaculately cared for, particularly the pool courtyards, as we know how much our guests enjoy spending time relaxing in these areas. Rooms are guaranteed for a 3PM check in. If rooms are available, my staff always tries to accommodate early check requests. This may not always be viable on a busy holiday weekend. Although our policy is to secure a credit card upon check in, we do not charge the card until the end of your stay. Good news, we are in process of updating our rooms with new carpets, furniture and bathrooms. I do hope that you return as our guest and allow us the opportunity for you to enjoy a better experience than you did this weekend. Kind regards, Chivaun.

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

The BW Pepper Tree is huge. Lots of rooms. I wish I had more time to explore the property but it was very pretty. My room was a little outdated but clean, which is what matters. They had all the amenities. Lovely garden view out my window.

My only complaint is you can hear ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING in your neighbors room and outside. I mean, EVERYTHING. The tv, anything that happens in the bathroom, footsteps, conversations... everything. So the whole time I was there I was self conscious of myself as to not annoy my neighbor. That was the major downfall. That and there’s no breakfast. They left fruit in the room and a candy dish.

Good location, clean and nice grounds. Just no sense of privacy when you can hear a pin drop from your neighbors room.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Madmck66, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. It is with honest feedback from our guests that allow us the opportunity to understand their experience and correct any issues. Thank you for being mindful of your noise level, we wish all of our guests were so courteous. I hope you return and enjoy another stay at the Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn. Cheers, Chivaun.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

We really enjoyed our stay here - loved the patio overlooking the lawn and all the flowers. Super clean room, large with a sofa bed. It was just what we needed and expected. We would stay here again. The location was at the north end of State Street - we walked to Chuck's Steakhouse of Hawaii one night and had a great steak meal. We drove down to the other end of State Street - breakfast at Garret's is amazing; and enjoyed our breakfast down at the waterfront at Sambo's. Staff gave us a map so we could go up to the Mission and Botanical Gardens. Very helpful folks here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you Leslie D for letting us know of your recent experience. We know you have a variety of lodging options to choose from and we are so pleased that the Pepper Tree Inn was a good fit for you. Our pool courtyard areas are bursting with Springtime flowers; it really is quite lovely in the both of the pool areas. My team strives to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests - we hope you return for another relaxing stay. See you soon, Chivaun.

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Check in and first night were a good experience, however a restful night of sleep was not an option on the Saturday night before Easter (aka prom night for local Santa Barbara High Schools). The room of underage teens above mine was paying rap music, and raising a ruckus throughout the night. The constantly opened and closed the sliding glass door to the balcony to smoke their stuff, and it sounded like they were playing bumper cars when they weren't yelling and screaming about how drunk they were. Loud and rowdy, and although the first couple of calls to the front desk were addressed, neither parents or police were called to drag the kids home. I'm a gold member of BW and quite disappointed.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dreamer29956,

It is unfortunate that there were guests that were not mindful of the hotel environment where guests should be respectful of each other to allow for everyone to enjoy a comfortable stay.

I greatly apologize for what you endured during your second night stay with us. I really can't express how very sorry I am that you did not have a positive experience during your entire stay.

After speaking with my team I understand that reward points were added back to your Gold Member account, however, I understands this action can never erase your experience with us. I do hope you return and allow us an opportunity to show you how wonderful our hotel really is without unfortunate and disrespectful interference.

Chivaun C.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

One of my favorite hotels I stay at for work. I love how the staff takes care of you from check in to check out. I always look forward to early morning checkouts. Tom the gentleman that works night on the week days is the best. Always makes sure we have everything on our way out.

Date of stay: April 2019