3 people are viewing this hotel
$150
Free cancellation until 12/17/21
$150
Free cancellation until 12/17/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$146
BestWestern.com$150
Priceline$150
travelup.com$179
1,592 results
All reviews across the street whole foods pool area on site restaurant bit dated easy access ground floor free parking beds were comfortable coffee maker pools peppertree macys bw motel patio sb
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2019

We really enjoyed our stay here - loved the patio overlooking the lawn and all the flowers. Super clean room, large with a sofa bed. It was just what we needed and expected. We would stay here again. The location was at the north end of State Street - we walked to Chuck's Steakhouse of Hawaii one night and had a great steak meal. We drove down to the other end of State Street - breakfast at Garret's is amazing; and enjoyed our breakfast down at the waterfront at Sambo's. Staff gave us a map so we could go up to the Mission and Botanical Gardens. Very helpful folks here.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you Leslie D for letting us know of your recent experience. We know you have a variety of lodging options to choose from and we are so pleased that the Pepper Tree Inn was a good fit for you. Our pool courtyard areas are bursting with Springtime flowers; it really is quite lovely in the both of the pool areas. My team strives to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests - we hope you return for another relaxing stay. See you soon, Chivaun.

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Check in and first night were a good experience, however a restful night of sleep was not an option on the Saturday night before Easter (aka prom night for local Santa Barbara High Schools). The room of underage teens above mine was paying rap music, and raising a ruckus throughout the night. The constantly opened and closed the sliding glass door to the balcony to smoke their stuff, and it sounded like they were playing bumper cars when they weren't yelling and screaming about how drunk they were. Loud and rowdy, and although the first couple of calls to the front desk were addressed, neither parents or police were called to drag the kids home. I'm a gold member of BW and quite disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dreamer29956,

It is unfortunate that there were guests that were not mindful of the hotel environment where guests should be respectful of each other to allow for everyone to enjoy a comfortable stay.

I greatly apologize for what you endured during your second night stay with us. I really can't express how very sorry I am that you did not have a positive experience during your entire stay.

After speaking with my team I understand that reward points were added back to your Gold Member account, however, I understands this action can never erase your experience with us. I do hope you return and allow us an opportunity to show you how wonderful our hotel really is without unfortunate and disrespectful interference.

Chivaun C.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

One of my favorite hotels I stay at for work. I love how the staff takes care of you from check in to check out. I always look forward to early morning checkouts. Tom the gentleman that works night on the week days is the best. Always makes sure we have everything on our way out.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Tom G
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Lovely grounds and a good room overlooking the gardens and pool. Quiet and comfortable but rooms could benefit from a bit of modernisation. Shower worked but was a bit temperamental and wifi very intermittent. Staff lovely and great to have an on site laundry and a small gym. On site restaurant for breakfast was great and staff very welcoming. Lots of food options nearby.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Julia I
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Julia I,

It is important to us to understand your experience and we appreciate that you took the time to provide a review. Please note that we are in process of updating all rooms with new carpet and furniture as well as the bathrooms. We invite you to return and experience our updated rooms. See you soon!!! Chivaun

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

I'm curious as to why the BW Plus does not have breakfast. What's the "Plus" for?
Anyway....
Loud people on the balcony, smoking, talking loudly, after 1030 on was the only problem we had.
Staff was great.
Place was located in a great spot.
Room was like a boutique hotel, not a typical hotel chain.
Super clean. Courtyard was beautiful.
Stay here.
I'm super picky and critical. I travel quite a bit.
STAY HERE!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

JGTravels99, thank you for taking the time to help us understand your recent visit. I'm sorry to read that you had neighbors that were not mindful of their surroundings. We have staff available 24 hours a day to assist if you find yourself in a similar situation next time you visit. We appreciate your vote of confidence and hope to welcome you back soon. Cheers, Chivaun.