Only stayed here a night but we liked it a lot and would definitely return.
The thing we liked about it is that it had some character and didn't feel like a generic hotel room. Some people may think it might look a bit dated and it does but it's clean and tidy so it came across as quaint to us.
Just one thing I thought it was worth raising from another review is that we felt perfectly safe. We even had a drunk couple trying to get into our room which they thought was theirs but we just rang reception and they moved them on for us but this was just a random incident!
All the rooms seem to have balconies which look onto the pool and at the other side you can park your car near to your room.
There's a shopping centre right across the road, complimentary tea/coffee and fruit in the reception and we drove downtown in about 10 minutes and parked at the large car parks near the sea front/harbour. There's lots of parking at the roadside but it seems to be only for up to 2 hours. If I stayed again I'd probably catch the bus as it's probably easier and quicker.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I was in Santa Barbara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western