My husband and I stayed one night here as we celebrated our 17th Wedding Anniversary. I found this hotel to be way better than a lot of Best Westerns, maybe that is why "Plus" is in the name. Our room had an apple and an orange, some Lorna Doone cookies, coffee, a couple bottles of Kirkland (Costco) water, and a little dish filled with candies. This is the first hotel (and I've stayed a many) that had a swivel sitting chair and a recliner. I liked that they have a microwave and a small dorm style refrigerator. I believe every room has a view of the pool and a balcony or patio if you are on the first floor. The balcony is quite long and has to good size sitting chairs which only take up half of the balcony. I was slightly off put by the long mirrored wall but opposite the bed but hey no real problem. The bedding looks more like a nice hotel in Vegas instead of a Best Western. I loved all the pillows that they provide. I believe there were 7 or more pillows of varying size and firmness.
The staff is very friendly and the hotel lobby has plenty of fruit (oranges, apples, and bananas) in addition to several coffees and several flavors of tea. I would so come back and stay here in a heartbeat. I know we were only here one night but given that Santa Barbara is a town full of bed & breakfasts (we stayed at a lovely one 16 years ago for our 1st Anniversary) and expensive hotels, I would stay here for a whole week if I were in town that long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western