Reading some of the reviews here I realize you just can't please everybody all the time. This review is from me and my wife when we came over from the UK in early September.
We were a bit jaded driving up from LAX after a 10 hour flight but getting there was really easy. The hotel is in a great position being just minutes off the 101 Highway. On arrival Josh (yes, the same young man mentioned below) greeted us warmly. He was friendly and very helpful, even though we confused him with our request for a first floor room (it's different across the pond) which he immediately arranged for us. He told us about all the facilities offered at the hotel, the restaurant, pool, free coffee, fruit, etc.
Our room, at the back of the property, was a good size, clean and fresh. The bed especially comfortable (I could actually sleep in it unlike some hotel beds) and we liked the extras - bottled water, fruit and candy.
We had booked for 4 days, enough to check out Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach, and the Santa Ynez towns and wineries which were a great experience.
Every morning we would grab some fruit and drink before hitting the road, Josh or any other of the attending staff, if not busy, would happily have a quick chat (ask about our plans for the day, offer advice, etc)
We did not try the on-site restaurant, but we did spend a few hours around the pool at the end of the day, it was basic but clean.
At the Cumbre Plaza, across the road, we enjoyed some tasty burgers at the Habit Burger Grill, as well as picking up snacks, beer and stuff from Albertsons, (or you could try BevMo just down State Street, one of Josh's excellent suggestions).
Oh and there's also a Starbucks.
It's not a resort hotel and doesn't pretend to be, but we enjoyed staying here it served our needs. We would definitely come back again.
A big thanks to the fantastic Josh and staff for helping to make our stay comfortable and memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Best Western, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western