The Pepper Tree Inn is a 3 star Best Western a few miles from the main "hub" of activitiy on State Street. It is affordable, clean, and safe plus has some nice perks. The reception area has a gift shop...actually managed to purchase some cute "boutique" type purses/scarves within my first 20 minutes of arriving! Fruit, Coffee and Tea were available for guests in the reception area as well, and there was a small cafe on site, although I did not check it out. The room was just fine, clean and with good bedding. The gardens in the middle of the property were very nice, and although I did not go into the pool or hot tub, it looked clean. There was also a fire pit in the far end of the garden area which would have been nice to enjoy with friends if I had not stayed out so late!
Although this hotel was truly just a place for us lay our heads at night and crash after a long day of wine tasting, it was a great experience overall, and would recommend it especially for people who are planning on spending most of their time exploring the wine country and fabulous Santa Barbara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Best Western, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western