“The Perfect Stay!!!”
Review of Belmond El Encanto

Belmond El Encanto
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I spent a weekend at El Encanto and it was nothing less than perfect!! The staff was so professional and accommodating from the minute we climbed out of our car. They carried all of our bags for us and wouldn't let us lift a finger. Our room was so relaxing and luxurious. It was tucked away and allowed us to have so much privacy that it felt like we weren't even staying at a hotel. We ordered breakfast one morning and the staffed set up the whole table on the patio as if we were in our own private restaurant! I work in the customer service industry and I have never experienced such excellent customer service! El Encanto is THE place to stay in Santa Barbara. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a five star experience. Thank you El Encanto staff!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Belmond El Encanto

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at El Encanto just for one night on our honeymoon road trip. It was such a wonderful stay, I wish we had stayed longer.

We stayed in a superior king bungalow and it was lovely. It was spacious, with a huge and very comfortable king size bed. The Nespresso machine in the room was a nice surprise.

The bathroom was large and newly renovated. The rain shower head was so good, I want to get one like that when I renovate my own bathroom someday. The bath was so long that I couldn't reach end to end without submerging. Lovely!

The location is beautiful and peaceful, and the gardens are lovely.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in room 902 with some girlfriends for a wedding weekend and we had the most beautiful, relaxing, decadent time ever. Our room, which was more like a little villa, was tucked away inside a picturesque gate with its own front porch area and table. Huge panoramic windows, gorgeous and tastefully designed furniture and art with a living room, spacious bedroom with luxurious king sized bed, and amazing bathroom. Everything from the sheets to the robes to the bathtub was thoughtfully selected and of the highest quality. We ordered room service for breakfast one morning after helping ourselves to complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby (so thoughtful!)--gravalax bagel, egg sandwich, bloody mary's, mimosas, everything was perfectly done, flavorful, and delicious, not to mention delivered by such a friendly and helpful staff. We also dined at the restaurant one night for the wedding's rehearsal dinner (though the ceremony was offsite) and the food and staff was equally exquisite. The property has stunning views from every angle (including restaurants and pool) of the hills and the sea. We could not have asked for a better stay or a more rejuvenating weekend. Couples should note that this place is insanely ROMANTIC (greenery and cute cobblestone paths everywhere)--we will certainly be keeping it mind for future trips!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennafrazier
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My whole experience at the El Encanto was really fantastic. I could not get over how beautiful the entire place was, with gorgeous views of Santa Barbara as well. The valets were great and were always quick to get our car. The concierge was extremely friendly and helpful, and gave us great suggestions for dinner and things to do downtown. We also had a wonderful experience at the restaurant with great service and delicious food. I would absolutely love to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while touring California. This was by far the best hotel we stayed. The hotel was very clean and the staff was courteous. The concierge offered great advice for eating and day trips. We can not wait to go back to California and stat at El Encanto.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I can't say enough amazing things about the El Encanto, Santa Barbara! I came here for a romantic birthday get-away and ended up extending another night because I didn't want to leave. It is so peaceful and elegant here a true 5-star experience. The rooms are well designed with beautiful white linen and feather pillows on the amazingly comfortable beds. We had room-service in front of the fireplace and enjoyed wine at sunset on our front porch. We stayed in the Hummingbird Suite which is like a mini one-bedroom cottage with an front porch and a back patio not to mention the over-sized bathtub. We loved all the exquisite details of the suite and the staff was amazing and very friendly. The TV and electronics are the highest quality and I loved the heated marble floors in the bathroom. The property has a state of the art fitness center and Spa but, the saline infinity swimming pool with the views of the ocean was my favorite place to be. The restaurant terrace has amazing views of the city below and the ocean. We had sushi and the Lamb Loin, Braised Short-Ribs, and Kale salad and all were well presented and delicious. The wine list has so many amazing options and is a novel for the wine lover. There is live piano and singing entertainment in the lobby on the weekend which was romantic. The grounds are well manicured and pet-friendly too. They have electric bikes available for the guests to explore the area. We had the best weekend and my boyfriend did an incredible job surprising me with this luxurious escape at the El Encanto. I highly recommend El Encanto~ its perfect for families, a romantic get-away, weddings, and a girls trip. I can't wait to come back. We also saw a beautiful wedding by the fish pond filled with water lilies. Candace and Adam!

Room Tip: Hummingbird suite 1001 (close to the pool) and 2703. Beautiful views and balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for two nights at El Encanto and could not have been happier. Following winding roads up the hill to the hotel, we immediately were pampered from the attentive valet to the helpful and quaint front desk reception to the beautiful room. We felt like we went back in time to a grand California resort. Lovely stay-cation. Restaurant is tops with one of the best views ever! We stay at a lot of nice resorts and highly recommend El Encanto.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple