“Another Great Vacation!”

Old Yacht Club Inn Vacation Rentals
Arizona
“Another Great Vacation!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've lost track how many times we've stayed at this fantastic gem. Rates are a steal for the location and we will return. They've added kitchenettes so we now had a choice to add breakfast or not. New bikes and even boogie boards now. We planned on staying for only 5 nights but ended up adding an additional 5.

Room Tip: Call or e-mail owner to book directly, She spends time w/each caller to ensure that their needs are...
Green Features: Very up to date with recycling, water conservation, etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank blinkblink1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This place is not work even one star. They are no longer a bed and breakfast, they no longer provide the happy hour. The sheets are made of burlap, it is uncomfortable and creepy. Looks like a hoarder lives in the main house - the porch which looks so inviting on their website is filled with old furniture and clothing. Supposedly they are changing it to vacation rentals. Only good thing was when we expressed our displeasure the management agreed to only charge us for the 1 night we stayed. It is within walking distance to the beach - but you'd be better staying at the Motel 6 which is even closer to the beach!! We told Groupon that their ad was misleading but as of yet they have not changed it. Maybe someday they'll have

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Diane M

Travelers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

Santa Ana, California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Worst experience and service I have ever had! I travel all over, even stayed here once about four years ago- and received great service and a very unique experience-back then. This person has changed everything and ruined a really great bed-and-breakfast!
Oh excuse me it's just a bed! No breakfast!!!
I reserved this for my girlfriend's birthday and referred many people here since I had the experience four years ago.
I was completely embarrassed when bringing 5 girlfriends with me last weekend. The owner seemed high or drunk, could not remember anything from a conversation five minutes before.
We were put in the wrong building, there was no hot water, tv didn't work, it smelled like feet, no air conditioning, it could go on and on. Our neighbors beside us were very disappointed as well. Expressed to me that they had been charged twice so when I return I had to cancel my credit card , to ensure I would not be charged again!
Save yourself the trouble and avoid this place at all costs!

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Mstmarie
Old-Yacht-Club-Inn, Owner at Old Yacht Club Inn Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
These lovely guests went to the wrong address. We (owners) were repainting the main house added high end bedding, new living room furniture & new decorating in the main house at 431 Corona Del Mar Drive , These guests had a reservation in the Hitchcock House at 427 Corona Del Mar, not at the main house, 431 Corona Del Mar Drive, where we were painting. They arrived drunk (very drunk), explaining that they had just left the Ritz Carlton, stumbled out of their Mercedes into the wrong address, were redirected to their rooms where they drank all weekend long. I was in the process of relocating them to a large suite (3 bedroom Beach House Suite) as a free upgrade when one of the drunk guests arrived with her dog that they never mentioned that they were bringing with them. They also arrived with more people than they had mentioned. When I saw how drunk they were and the dog, I did not relocate them to the larger, newly remodeled suite, which made the Ritz Carlton transplants even more edgy from all the alcohol that they had consumed. They threatened at the time to write a bad review if I did not give them a free upgrade to the 3 bedroom Beach House Suite and accused me of being drunk. I knew the bad review was coming but rather than risk them in my newly remodeled, newly carpeted w/$4,000.00 carpeting suite w/the dog I "l let sleeping dogs lie" (pun intended), part of the biz, and very known amongst innkeepers-bribes, drunks, dogs, etc. I should write a book! Owners-if you get these guests, "Run for the Hills".
Corona, California
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My daughter and I just came back from a mid-week getaway to Santa Barbara. We loved the Inn! No frills (breakfast & wine), but clean, friendly and so affordable. The staff and hostess Eileen were perfect hosts and made sure we had everything we needed. Very close to the beach and everything else. I would stay over and over again!

Room Tip: I think only some rooms have the whirlpool bath and T.V. so better ask first.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mfelice2014
Old-Yacht-Club-Inn, Manager at Old Yacht Club Inn Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
You are so thoughtful to have taken the time to let The Old Yacht Club Inn & Vacation Rentals know what a relaxing time you and your daughter enjoyed on your mid-week getaway to Santa Barbara. Good to know you loved the Inn! with our no frills & reduced rates (& added kitchenettes) and that you appreciated the cleanliness, friendliness and affordability. Your experience of our staff and hostess as perfect hosts who made sure you had everything you needed is a very important added compliment for us and very appreciated. Our loction, a block to the beach and very close to everything else is what I love about this location as well. You are so welcome back I over and over again! I enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again very soon! Eilene
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 3, 2013

we stayed in this sometimes B&B (only during high season do they serve breakfast and do a wine social late afternoon) twice this year. The first time we moved our son into UCSB during high season so the breakfast/wine social was going. If you think of going to visit grandma and the smells of her house and the good home cooked breakfasts then you'll get a feel for this property. Probably not for everyone but it was reasonably priced and right near the beach. We just left there after visiting for parents weekend (no breakfast or wine social) and it's not as fun without the amenities although a decent bit cheaper.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CEFJR
Old-Yacht-Club-Inn, Owner at Old Yacht Club Inn Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Old Yacht Club Inn twice this year and mentioning the good value you discovered here. Our reasonable pricing and beach location are the reason guests like you return year after year. Thank you for sharing your experience with other potential travelers.
White Stone, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We visited Santa Barbara for the first time and stayed at this place. While well located the Inn is run down and desperately needs a serious make over. We stayed in their "annex", the top floor of a home across the street from the inn. Three bedrooms, one old bathroom and everything in need of a paint job. I can't recommend a stay here for over $250.00 a night. The only redeeming feature was the breakfast which was excellent. Come for breakfast but not for the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Peter C
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It has a great location and the free bike loans were the best part. One block to beach and then an easy bike ride all around SB. We were hoping for something a little more up to date in terms of the room itself. This has more to do with our taste vs. what the B&B promises in its ad. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Price was fine. Very quaint and quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rathbonemuseum
Thank you for sharing that The Old Yacht Club Inn has a great location and that the free bike loans were the best part.! One block to beach and then an easy bike ride all around SB. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Fine pricing & very quaint and quiet made your stay home run! Come back and see us again soon. Hope you try the boogie boards next time too!