“love it! it's like a motel layout but has a B/B quality (without the breakfast) ....”
Review of Harbor House Inn

Harbor House Inn
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed December 31, 2011

1) super reasonable for what you get in terms of location (it is not near State Street, but it's literally 30 second walk to the beach!)
2) very clean and such nice little perks lie the food basket..
3) for a room of this rate, it was actually one of most comfortable beds I have had at a hotel!! Good quality sheets and blankets
4) Their kitchenette was really clean .. and equipped.
And I requested a non carpeted room, and they complied.

Would stay again!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

It's been Way to long for me to finally spend some time in Santa Barbara, considering it's only a few hours away! After reading many reviews here on Trip Advisor, We decided to try the Harbor House Inn for one night.

When we arrived, Allison greeted us like a family member. We arrived early and they accommodated us right away. We drove to lot next door where the other units were located and found a nice and quiet little courtyard with lounge chairs on a pretty grass lawn. Our room was more than I'd expected. High ceilings, great linens, many windows, a fire place, full kitchen... I can go on. The banana bread homemade and a perfect little arrival snack.

We checked out a few movies from the office and made a perfect comfy little winter get-away in our wonderful and cozy room. The central heating worked great but the fireplace really complemented the experience.
Allison helped us to choose places to eat and let us know about the free bike rental for guests!
The beach was one block away and everything is in walking distance.
There is no pool.

I think the bed was memory foam, and it comfortable. The bathroom was clean and airy and has some nice amenities, including a hair dryer (not listed on the amenities) and plenty of towels. There are cupboards in the bathroom which was really nice if we were staying longer.
The closet was large and included a safe.
There was only one adjoining wall and no unit above. Super quiet, set in a residential area.
We both really enjoyed this wonderful Inn and recommend it for a couples get-away.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Selected this motel after reading tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. A small motel close to the ocean, between the harbor and the wharf. Staff very friendly and helpful, room was very nice and tastefully decorated. Bed was really comfortable. Good size bathroom with good shelf space. Welcome basket was much appreciated, very nice. Fridge, microwave, dishes, glasses and silverware was also a nice touch. Table and chairs outside the room was also nice. Great shower and nice toiletries. Free wifi too! Would definitely recommend and would stay here again.

1  Thank WeeLuv2Travel2
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I was expecting a nice room after reading the reviews but I was amazed at how nice my room was! Very elegant with a stately king sized bed, a sitting area near the fireplace, a nice bathroom with tub and independent kitchen - all just a block from the beach and within walking distance to downtown, coffee shops and spas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Andreeh
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have grown so tired of stays at highly rated hotels that do not live up to my admittedly sometimes outsized expectations. The Harbor House is one place that lived up to expectations and actually exceeded them. What at first appears to be a very modest updated old motor inn is an absolute gem. The staff is efficient and kind and caring (and always ALways cleaning and straightening all over the grounds. The rooms are uniquely and individually furnished. The welcome basket is a cornucopia of goodies, inCLUding the banana bread I can vouch is homemade as, when I stopped to ask a question in the evening, I could see the fresh loaves back in the kitchen fresh from the oven. The rooms (ours anyway) were large and spacious and attractively decorated. Every time we turned around (my senior citizen mom, my sister and mysefl), we saw another thoughtful or cute or creative touch designed to make our stay more pleasant and memorable. The Harbor House Inn was an absolute delight.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WaltLo
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Beautiful. Extremely well done. Very nice people. Everything we wanted and more

Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this small gem of an inn during Thanksgiving weekend. What an amazing find! We absolutely loved it! I have written many reviews for Tripadvisor for hotels and inns I have truly enjoyed, highly recommended, and returned to again and again. This is the first time I am awarding an unqualified 5 rating!!

PROS: Clean, comfortable, affordable, delightful accommodations. The person who checked us in was pleasant, calm, and very friendly. The room was spacious with a separate sitting area with couch and t.v. and usable kitchen (stove, fridge, coffee maker with assortment of teas, plates, silverware, pots/pans). It was like a small apartment. The innkeeper provides an enormous basket of fruit, juice, yogurt, biscotti, a large bottle of water, and their own homemade banana bread which is fabulous. The bedroom was quiet and faced the back away from the road which made for excellent sleeping. The mattress was very comfortable with soft pillows. There is also a t.v. and DVD player in the bedroom if you like to watch tv from a more reclined position. The bathroom is charming with nice use of space for ease of bathing and dressing. There are "extras" also for the guests -- use of beach cruisers, beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas. My husband and I took a ride on the bikes along the harbor which is one street away. Beautiful! There is a small table and chairs in the front of each unit, surrounded by pots of flowers, so you have the option of having breakfast outside. There is also a seating area behind each unit if you prefer more privacy. In short, they have thought of everything.

CONS: None, absolutely none, I am delighted to say.

We will definitely be back as we come to the Santa Barbara area often. Thank you, Harbor House Inn!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple