Suddenly finding that we had three extra days, we decided to drive up the coast from Los Angeles, ending in San Francisco. Our first stop was to be Santa Barbara, so we went on line and found the Cheshire Cat Inn and they had a great sounding special called the Cat’s Grin. We called the Inn and the innkeeper explained the “special” and the options available, so we booked it for our first night.
When we drove into Santa Barbara, we immediately started to talk about staying here for three nights instead. When we parked outside the Inn and looked at the gorgeous Victorians and beautifully kept gardens, the decision had almost been made. Then we were met by a very friendly innkeeper, who gave us a run down on Santa Barbara and the various activities available. We were escorted to our room, the White Rabbit, and within 5 minutes I was downstairs asking if we could extend our stay for three days. Unfortunately the Inn was sold out, but they could check around for us, to see if there were any other rooms in town. About a ½ hour later, we received a call saying a cancellation had just come in, and we could stay but we would have to move rooms the next day.
From beginning to end, our stay at the Inn was a very memorable experience. The staff, cleanliness, attention to detail in the decor, breakfast, afternoon wine hour and the other guests we met all rate a ten. We are already planning our return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire Cat Inn features two stately Queen Anne Victorian homes, an elegant coach house with two suites and four two bed-roomed cottages, all surrounded by lush flower filled gardens and patios. The Inn is situated just one block from Santa Barbara's main shopping street, which is full of attractive courtyards and alleys. The Old Mission is an easy 20-minute walk in one direction and the beach a brisk 40 minutes in the other. Each one of the sunny guest rooms and cottages is unique, with an individual charm and ranges from the elegant to the whimsical. Some are larger split-level junior suites with private balconies, some have in-room Jacuzzi s and fireplaces. This romantic Santa Barbara inn also features flat screen LCD/DVD, ironing boards and refrigerators. There is free Wi-Fi and parking. All rooms have private baths and direct dial telephones. The rates include breakfast and local wines and hors d'oeuvres daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Cheshire Cat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheshire Cat Hotel Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Inn Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Bed Breakfast