“Perfect place to stay in Santa Barbara”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cheshire Cat Inn

Cheshire Cat Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
New York
“Perfect place to stay in Santa Barbara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night in August. I think we used every service. The Inn was so well thought out. The room was equipped with everything we needed and more. We had the wine and cheese in the evening, then we walked to a lovely restaurant, later we used the hot tub. Then, breakfast in the morning. I am not exaggerating when I say "everything was perfect". The staff was magnificent.
We are not big Alice in Wonderland fans but the place was so charming it did not matter. I think that Alice In Wonderland fans will enjoy it even more.
I should mention how delicious the food was in the evening and t breakfast. And "to go" cups for morning coffee.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank halsherm3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Zürich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

We are a family from Switzerland and stayed in one of the cottages as part of our road trip through California.

The cottage was in very good condition in a good location in Santa Barbara.

We were welcomed nicely but with a look at our 6-year old son it was immediately commented that we had to be staying in the cottages given our 'little one'. Yes - we did. And we understand that people of different ages do not want kids in their way as they could potentially make noise when not appropriate. We understand that. I have to say though that I wish the same policy would apply to larger parties. The first night we woke up at midnight because our neighbors were having a lot of fun on their patio - which is by the way right next to our bedroom. Finally I went out and asked them to please be more quiet - which they actually responded to and went inside - still loud but ok.

Saturday night came along and this time we woke up at 1 pm because there was obviously a larger group with significant amounts of alcohol being very noisy. This time they were inside but with open doors and windows unbelievably loud. No response to any feedback... so we gave up. I went on until 2.30 a.m.

This is a lovely bed and breakfast but if I would book I would definitely check if they allow larger parties. We saw at breakfast that there were at least 10 people of the same party staying - most of them of course in the main house where the noisy kids are not allowed???

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ekch
Carmel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

When we go to Santa Barbara to visit our daughters, we like to stay at the Cheshire Cat Inn. We have stayed there twice now. Our first stay there was delightful and the second stay was even more enjoyable. My impression of this Inn is that they truly care about their guests. When we arrived, we were too tired to go down to the Cocktail Hour. We were very pleasantly surprised when there was a knock on our door and a half bottle of wine was delivered to our room. The Inn is very centrally located to downtown Santa Barbara, the breakfast that is included in the room rate is outstanding and the rooms are very clean and charming. The owners and employees go out of their way to accommodate any requests that you have. We are very happy that we found this place and will stay there whenever we are in Santa Barbara.

I was a Manager at a large Travel Agency for over 20 years and I recognize that the services that are offered by The Cheshire Cat Inn are "out of the box" and appreciated by this guest!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and I were getting married one weekend and stayed at this cute Inn. We love the theme and how it was Alice n Wonderland! We had a very pleasurable stay and the staff was great! They transitioned us to an upgraded room hassle free and they even had fresh flowers, fresh cookies, and a chilled bottle of chardonnay waiting for us on our "honeymoon" night. The food was great!!! The staff was very easy to talk to and so accomodating. They take pride in their business and truly care about making their customers happy. It's great to see!!! The rooms were cute, very clean and well kept up! Everyone should stay here at least once!!! Thank you Chesire Cat Inn!!!

Room Tip: The Eberle Room is spacious, there is a cute blue jacuzzi and also a fire place in the room. Great r...
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

A very cute place and well managed. You have everything you need for a great stay. The service was friendly and efficient. We had the Cheshire Cat room which at first I was concerned about traffic but it was fine. Loved the window seat. Didn't have a wine choice and only white wine. The place is spotless which I appreciate. Great breakfast and garden area. Really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: The Cheshire Cat room was lovely. All rooms I'm sure are great. Check out website photos.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

As a frequent visitor to Santa Barbara, I love to try different B&Bs. In all these many years, I had yet to try Cheshire Cat Inn but decided to give this place a try. I am very happy I did! It is a lovely Inn in the Residential area, just a short walk to State Street. Every experience I've had, from the telephone reservation, check in and any interaction with the staff has been friendly, helpful and courteous. The Inn offers 17 guest rooms, suites and cottages very nicely decorated with English antiques. Check out the rooms online as everyone's preference is different. I opted for an upstairs room in the Eberle House, which is next door to the main house. If you long for quiet and peaceful, I would suggest a room on the backside away from the busy street. My room, Alice, was very quiet, with a balcony with a view of the mountains and the courtyard. I was impressed with the lighting (some B&Bs are so dark) and the rooms here have wonderful lights over the vanity. Amenities mean a lot to women and I found the lighted makeup mirror a very nice touch. The vanities also have lots of drawer space. Also, the Inn is kept neat and very clean. Breakfast is served in the summer in the courtyard and features a specially-made breakfast treat each morning. One morning the special was quiche and the scones that were served were delicious (with lemon curd and jam). Many great restaurants are within walking distance. Since I stayed a number of days, I was able to view many of the other rooms and hope to be back soon to try one of them.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back on the upper levels are the best, quieter and brighter. I particularly like the A...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

From check- in to departure, feeling relaxed and happy summarize our feelings. Staff were friendly, helpful and professional. Breakfasts were varied over our four days and always had protein options. The coffee was good! The late afternoon appetizers and wine were great, but having a red wine option would have been desirable. Our schedule meant we stayed in three different rooms. The good news is that
picking a favorite would be like asking which of your three children you like best. Will return again! Cheshire Cat is a great value compared to some of the pricier options in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed August 2014