My husband surprised me for my birthday. Like a purrfect (giggle) husband, he went on Trip Advisor to select a getaway. This place is lovely, quaint, and full of character. We were able to check in early with no problem. It was really nice to have a Keurig coffee machine available in the lobby. Plenty of Starbucks K-Cups on hand after a drive up from Los Angeles.
The Queen of Harts room has a large step up jacuzzi tub. It was a nice treat. Plus, the proprietors included a half bottle of Sauv Blanc and chocolates for my birthday. I thought that was a beautiful touch. We spent an afternoon in town and made it back for wine and hors d'oeuvres.
We shared a drink with two other couples, and also met a third couple spending their honeymoon.
We all ranged in age from 20's to 30's to 60's. Very lively conversation and no one stared at my husbands' tattoos too much. ;) The others offered dinner suggestions and we chose Opal from their suggestions. One of the B & B staff made reservations for us.
We had to leave fairly early in the morning, just as breakfast was being set out. We did make some breakfast sandwiches to go and share our thanks with the staff for a lovely time.
Sadly, I didn't get to curl up with a book in the garden. Next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire Cat Inn features two stately Queen Anne Victorian homes, an elegant coach house with two suites and four two bed-roomed cottages, all surrounded by lush flower filled gardens and patios. The Inn is situated just one block from Santa Barbara's main shopping street, which is full of attractive courtyards and alleys. The Old Mission is an easy 20-minute walk in one direction and the beach a brisk 40 minutes in the other. Each one of the sunny guest rooms and cottages is unique, with an individual charm and ranges from the elegant to the whimsical. Some are larger split-level junior suites with private balconies, some have in-room Jacuzzi s and fireplaces. This romantic Santa Barbara inn also features flat screen LCD/DVD, ironing boards and refrigerators. There is free Wi-Fi and parking. All rooms have private baths and direct dial telephones. The rates include breakfast and local wines and hors d'oeuvres daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Cheshire Cat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheshire Cat Hotel Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Inn Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Bed Breakfast