My Wife and I stayed for three nights in the Alice room at the end of May 2012. We found the room to be comfortable and beautifully decorated, staff were great and the food was excellent.
On arrival we were greeted by Bharti, one of the housekeepers. We were shown to our room in one of the two large houses, which had a great view of the San Diego mountains and the garden at the back of the property. After a short walk down State Street we returned to the Cheshire Cat Inn for the afternoon reception. There was a range of tasty light snacks on offer, and some very nice white wine. That kept us going until dinner that evening, and on returning to the Inn there was a plate of delicious chocolate brownies left in the hall for guests. This was typical of the nice little touches the property excels at.
Breakfast the next morning was filling, not a huge selection but the fresh baked quiche was great. Plenty to keep us going until a snack at lunchtime. Other breakfast treats during our stay included poached pears with cinnamon and round dutch pancakes. We can't fault the food we had or how friendly and helpful the staff were.
The only negative thing I could think of for the whole stay was the size of the bathroom in the Alice room, as it was tiny. There's a shower cubicle and a toilet in there, and no room for anything else. It wasn't a problem for us as the room offered plenty of space to relax.
The location of the Inn is good, being one block from State Street. There are plenty of excellent restaurants within a few minutes walk, and the Cheshire Cat has plenty of on site parking for guests.
While the Cheshire Cat Inn isn't the cheapest accommodation in Santa Barbara I can't recommend it highly enough. The though that has gone into the décor and little touches makes it one of the best places we have ever stayed. Being from the UK I was initially sceptical at staying in a quaint English themed Inn in Santa Barbara, but our stay at the Cheshire Cat Inn was wonderful.
During our stay any empty room had the doors left open, so I was able to take some photo's of the other rooms in our building. I have posted these as well as the photo's of the room we stayed in to show how nice the property is. I think customers photo's are a better show of quality than those the property provides, so hope these prove useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire Cat Inn features two stately Queen Anne Victorian homes, an elegant coach house with two suites and four two bed-roomed cottages, all surrounded by lush flower filled gardens and patios. The Inn is situated just one block from Santa Barbara's main shopping street, which is full of attractive courtyards and alleys. The Old Mission is an easy 20-minute walk in one direction and the beach a brisk 40 minutes in the other. Each one of the sunny guest rooms and cottages is unique, with an individual charm and ranges from the elegant to the whimsical. Some are larger split-level junior suites with private balconies, some have in-room Jacuzzi s and fireplaces. This romantic Santa Barbara inn also features flat screen LCD/DVD, ironing boards and refrigerators. There is free Wi-Fi and parking. All rooms have private baths and direct dial telephones. The rates include breakfast and local wines and hors d'oeuvres daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cheshire Cat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheshire Cat Hotel Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Bed Breakfast
- Cheshire Cat Inn Santa Barbara