“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #2 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Bristol - UK
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed December 15, 2005

After reading reviews from Trip Advisor I booked to stay one night at the Bath Street Inn. Myself and my boyfriend are from the Uk and are travelling for 5 weeks around the west coast. We had no problem finding the Inn, infact it was so easy from the 101. We arrived to find plenty of parking spaces (although I admit we stayed in Dec, a quiet time of year), i would not expect anyone to have parking problems at their busiest times.
I had booked the 'Rose Room' and it was very nice. I'm one who stays in hotels and likes the comtemporary look so the rose wallpaper was rather in your face but the room was clean and cosy. To be fair a B&B would have to have wallpaper, isn't that how they are supposed to look?
We had a jacuzzi bath in our room (fantastic), it was very good. The house is a short walk (3 blocks) to State Street, although if you want to get to the beach, i'd recommend either driving or taking the tram thingie as it would be quite a walk.
We ate at a lovely Italian (Gisella's), would definitely recommend this place, fab atmosphere and great food (pizza especially).
Missed the wine and cheese as we went to see King Kong but the breakfast was lovely, homemade muffins, fruit and all kinds of teas (fab).
Was quite pricey but if you like B&B's this is a definite for you, the hosts are very nice and helpful.
Ash and Zoe

• Stayed December 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed November 18, 2005

My husband and I are from NYC, but while visiting his family in southern CA in Sept 2005 we went for a little mid-week getaway by ourselves at the Bath Street Inn. We've stayed at a lot of inns around the country and this one was certainly one of the best. The hosts were gracious and warm without being overly ingratiating or nosy. Parking was very easy - they have a good sized lot in the back. It was close enough to the downtown area that we could walk to wherever we wanted. We stayed in the Tiffany Room (I think it is one of the more moderately-priced rooms) on the 3rd floor, which we were pleased and surprised to see was very nicely appointed and quite a bit bigger than the pictures posted on the website showed. The bathroom was also very large with its own closet. Plenty of room for the 2 of us. Very quaint without being run-down looking (which we have seen at other places). The food was also plentiful and very good - the homemade cakes and cookies were great (no store-bought stuff - one other place we visited in the past was staffed by teenagers and served us Costco food) and there was always something to snack on after hours in the dining room. My husband enjoyed the wine and cheese served in the afternoon. I would certainly recommend the Bath Street Inn to anyone. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 5-star rating was that the breakfast, although excellently prepared, was kind of limited in choice for my husband, who is a very picky eater (after breakfast we had to go out to get him something to eat). Despite that, we had a very good experience.

Reviewed November 4, 2005

This was my first stay at The Bath Street Inn and it is the first of MANY! From the moment I was greeted at the front door by Suzanne to the time I placed my bag in the car, I was pampered by Marie and her Staff in so many ways.

My room, the Country Suite, was beautifully decorated, SPOTLESSLY CLEAN, spacious, airy and bright with a wonderful stove/fireplace that kept me cozy at night

The service was superior but completely unintrusive. People are there for you if you care to visit and chat, but if you are there to steal moments of solitude, the staff has the ability to inherently recognize that and give the visitors space. This is an art in and of itself. As far as restaurant reservations, directions and suggestions, Marie is a wealth of knowledge, friendly and, as an added bonus, a truly nice person...

The breakfasts were out of this world (try their homemade granola...mmm...) and afternoon teas and fresh baked goods as well as evening wine and cheese were simply lovely.

On my many trips to Santa Barbara, I have always stayed in Hotels. Well, NEVER AGAIN!

I can't wait to go back to this wonderful, special place! The next time, I will stay more than two nights...I didn't want to leave! TRY IT...you'll LOVE it.

Heidi

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 1, 2005

The Beth Street Inn in Santa Barbara was a delighful and romantic bed and breakfast. The breakfast served each morning and the new friends we meet over breakfast made it a specila little hide-a-way. The nightly tea, coffee and cakes were also a big hit with us. We felt special and were well taken care of. The palce clean, warm and charming and close to downtown Santa Barbara and the beaches. We will make plans to go there again.

Hilary and Jerry

Switzerland
Reviewed October 30, 2005

The Bath Street Inn was the perfect place to stay. We had a warm welcome, a beautiful room, wonderful food and we really enjoyed the time we spent there. Marie really cares for her guests. Every aspect of our stay was a real pleasure.

Stayed October 2005
Reviewed October 9, 2005

Thanks to Marie and her staff for a lovely stay. We were pleased to find such a beautiful, cozy room with so many homey touches in which to settle for the night. The accommodations were comfortable, quiet and clean, and the breakfast the following morning was out of this world. All of the staff made us feel very at home and were happy to provide any information we needed during our visit to Santa Barbara.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed October 8, 2005

After reading several glowing reviews, I was afraid that the Bath Street Inn would not live up to my expectations. But it did not disappoint. We were very comfortable in the 3rd floor Tiffany Room. And the extra twin bed that was tucked in a little alcove was perfect for our son who joined us for one night. The gourmet breakfasts and very attentive staff were the little "pluses" that helped make this a great place to spend a weekend in Santa Barbara/Montecito. We didn't have the time to watch a video or read one of the many books which were readily available. Perhaps another time...

• Stayed October 2005