“Incredibly Welcoming and charming decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bath Street Inn

Bath Street Inn
Ranked #2 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Pleasanton, CA
“Incredibly Welcoming and charming decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

The Bath Street Inn is a tastefully decorated charming house probably built in early mid 1900's and its decor reflects that period. Exceptionally well maintained with beautiful gardens, From your initial warm welcome to a friendly goodbye, this B & B accentuates the very best in customer service. A healthy and home made breakfast accentuates the exceptional quality and uniqueness of the Bath Street Inn. The recipes are willingly shared and greatly appreciated. All in all, a wonderful B &B.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This is B&B is charming, the rooms are small but nice. I stayed for 2 nights and would go back again. The breakfast on the sunny, orange treed patio was delicious and quite a treat. I especially loved having tea ready in the evening with cakes & cookies for an after dinner treat. Very relaxing and the inn keepers made you feel so welcome. A great find in Santa Barbara.

Stayed March 2014
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Bath Street Inn we set apart from all others. We have visited numerous times in route to the central coast, and each time we stay in a different room. We just visited for our anniversary en route to Cambria, a night in Susan's Loft, which is the only room on the third floor. Gorgeous views of the Santa Barbara mountains, VERY quaint, private balcony, and super cozy and quiet. The girls even put together breakfast plates for us to take to our balcony in the morning. These breakfasts are award-winning dishes. The entire staff we love. Servant's hearts, all of them. That's the beauty of the Inn. Not over bearing and doting, but always there to welcome you, offer a tasty treat from the kitchen (they are gourmet cooks, hands-down), or simply chat about the day. All rooms are tastefully appointed, not overdone or over-whimsical, and super clean. This is clearly not your everyday B&B. A historic, restored inn that has stood the test of time. These women have a gift of hospitality! We've stayed at several places in SB, this is our #1.

Room Tip: Susan's Loft is unique to the Inn. Upstairs on a third floor, no attached walls, superb views...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Normison
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I booked a 3 night stay at Bath Street Inn for my 30th Birthday trip to Southern California! We absolutely loved everything about this B&B! We stayed in the Balcony Room, which has a balcony that overlooks Bath Street on the front side of the Inn. The room was very clean, and each day we received a new batch of clean towels, soaps, etc. The staff is amazing, friendly, and very accommodating to your needs and preferences. Breakfast each morning was delicious and always began with fresh fruit and homemade granola with yogurt/milk. The main dish alternates between a savory and sweet each day, each of which was outstanding! They also have a large collection of VHS movies, and the rooms are equipped with TVs to accommodate this classic technology. I loved feeling like I stepped back in time... it was like going to Grandma's house, complete with a social hour each evening dedicated to wine/cheese, tea, and an endless array of homemade desserts. We loved having that time to chat with the other guests and get recommendations for things to do and restaurants to visit in Santa Barbara. I would go back to Bath Street Inn in a heartbeat :-)

Room Tip: The balcony room is on the smaller side, so the Inn recommends that you be under 6 feet tall if you...
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at Bath Street Inn Bed and Breakfast 2 weeks ago for our anniversary week-end and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Upon checking in, we were welcomed with a delectable selection of the most delicious, moist chocolate cake, a buttery mixed berry buttermilk cake, a variety of cookies, iced tea, coffee, and lemonade. Then Marie showed us to our room and answered all of our questions. When I called to book the room, I was told that the room is cozy and not recommended for taller guests. That didn't bother us since we are not particularly tall and I liked the idea of having a private balcony. The room, while small, was very cute, quiet and comfortable. The location is also perfect. It's a nice walk to State St. where there are numerous restaurants, theaters, shopping, and museums. Besides all the wonderful cakes and cookies served during tea time starting around 3:30pm, it is soon followed by cheese and crackers and wine. In the morning, you will start your day with a beautiful breakfast. There is always a fruit cup, granola, and yogurt, follow by french toast with peaches on our first morning and a Mexican breakfast casserole on our second morning. We were so impressed that everything served is made from scratch, even the granola and yogurt. I came home with some great recipes that the Inn happily shares. Going back to Bath Street Inn would be reason enough for us to visit Santa Barbara again.

Shoreline, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The bath street inn is an inn run by ladies who love what they do and it shows in the way they run the inn. Comfortable clean rooms an excellent breakfast and an unbelievably helpful staff all add up to a great place to stay.

Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Well, let me begin by saying our stay here was MY pick, which, had the experience been less than fitting for our 33rd I'd be less likely to take credit for. After a pleasant reservation conversation with Marie, I was convinced that of the many B&B's in the area I'd found the one that would please my little Bride.
Arriving on a glorious Sunday afternoon, Vickie welcomed us with tea and a yummy array of fresh baked goodies. Our room, the Partridge was my choice for the claw foot tub which Nancy
used nightly and the less frilly wall paper to suit my manly needs. As usual we had a number of pleasant interchanges with fellow guests over a fine presentation of cheeses and wine.
My first request on arriving was somewhere I could satisfy a hunger for Mediterranean food, to which Vickie directed us to Zaytoon, a short drive but a long walk away. We opted to walk and realized how well situated the Inn was to the heart of Old Santa Barbara. We were able to reconnoiter State street for our next day's ventures. This is truly a charming city and we felt our stay at the Bath Street Inn allowed us to maximize our time spent there.
Lest I forget, can't say enough about the excellent and varied breakfast entrees that accompanied some of the freshest fruit and tastiest granola we've had away from home. No it's not buffet, but more than satisfying and I say this as one with a pretty healthy and informed appetite.
Marie and Deborah (the owner operators) are charming, excellent hosts and we fell in love with Vickie as something of a kindred spirit.
Just so you know I can be objective, though property is old and historic (check out the Santa Barbara Architecture Book page 48 in the dining room) it is aging gracefully, yet it keeps me from an excellent rating. But to be sure, we'd stay here again gladly. And oh yes, Nancy was very satisfied with MY pick for our 33rd. Surely that counts for something.

Room Tip: Yes, the Garbage men arrived Monday early, but I don't think any of the rooms would be immune to...