Bath Street Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Presidio Motel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Orange Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Simpson House Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
  • Pool
Spanish Garden Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Lemon Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Town and Country Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade granolab bwine and cheesecookiessusan's loftrose roombed and breakfastcountry suitepartridgesummer roomeggs florentineabigail roomstate streetwarm hospitalitythird floorother guestsevery afternoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our hosts made us feel right at home. They were warm, friendly and very helpful for guiding us to various restaurants and things to see in the area. We stayed in the Tiffany Room on the third floor and found it to be cozy, comfortable and relaxing. The ground were well maintained and the front porch was nice to site, relax and read a book while sipping on a beverage. We enjoyed the decor of the front room and sitting by the fire in the fireplace. Breakfasts were delicious with some flexibility on when we would like to eat. We really enjoyed the serving of several scrumptious desserts, coffee and tea which was left out until morning. The evening wine, selection of crackers and cheese were also very nice to look forward to. If we return to Santa Barbara, the Bath Street Inn is where we would want to stay.

Room Tip: We peeked into several rooms and they all looked inviting. One reason we enjoyed the Tiffany Room was because it had one of the larger bathrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William C
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We spent our 5yr in SB (fall), and BSI made it a great week of it. Rooms were always in great shape, and even though they don't post specials on the web, like champagne in the room, they will accommodate. Should you do this, I would note to be back at your room early'ish, as they put out the champagne early evening, and their wine bucket does not hold a ton of ice.

The owners and staff are very nice, accommodating, and informative. Assuming one can walk a mile, the location is perfect for a nice walk into town for dinner.

If you are there for wine in SB, I highly recommend getting some local wine, some cheese, and hanging out in the early afternoon under the Wisteria on the patio, for a late lunch/snack to tide you over until dinner. C'est cheese in town has a great selection of cheese and other items to go with it. BSI will supply glasses, plates, and service ware if needed.

The breakfasts are really good and filling for a good portion of the day, and we saw they put a lot of effort into meeting food allergy issues by trying to make something similar to the offered meal if they can. i.e. girl with another family had an allergy to milk I think, which they made almost the same dish without milk. Which was kinda cool, because I would think this would make them feel less left out of what everyone else was eating. I would call this going the extra mile, rather than just offer another item, they make something near enough. I'm not sure this could be done in all cases, but neat to know.

Room Tip: Read the descriptions, they have everything listed. They do have a few King beds, and call if you have questions.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Bath Street Inn had everything we could wish for and also a little more. Here are a hospitable and friendly atmosphere. The hotel has retained its style of old times, cozy indoors and outside in the garden. Comfortable beds and clean and fresh in the room. We stayed for 8 nights and really appreciated the location in a quiet residential area but still within walking distance of downtown Santa Barbara. The breakfast was a treat in itself - everything was homemade from scratch and varied.
In the afternoon there was always freshly baked cakes and good tea. The owners and staff were very helpful and made sure our stay was absolutely wonderful. Thank you ladies at Bath Street in! We will be very happy to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My hubby and I were only staying one night in Santa Barbara and had a hard time finding a place that would allow a one night only stay. The Bath St Inn was the exception. And the price was great!
The house/inn is in a quiet neighborhood very close to State St, where all the shops and restaurants are. We stayed in the Balcony Room which is very small and cozy and faces the street. The room was very clean.
The staff was very nice! They offer cookies and cakes with tea in the afternoon and wine and cheese evening. The lemon cake was delicious.
Marie emailed me the recipe for their egg dish when I got home because I had asked for it and forgotten to get it from her. I thought that was very thoughtful and sweet.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were told that the Balcony room had angled ceilings and might not be great for people over 5'11"
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We came to SB on business and it was wonderful to "come home" to Bath Street Inn after long days of travelling and working. Marie, Deborah, Jill and all the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The food was excellent- delicious and beautifully presented, and my favourite part was the delicious spread left out until late in the night that I could snack on- yummy cakes and cookies and a variety of teas were always handy. Their chocolate cake was the best ever- and I am a cake connoisseur! THey also left us granola and fruit to take on the road when we had to leave early for the airport which was wonderful. We stayed in the Summer room, which had a large enough shower for my 6'4" husband and everything was clean as a whistle, with excellent housekeeping. It surprised me how quiet the rooms were- we could hardly hear other guests and we had a lovely view of the hills from our pretty window. The bed was very comfortable- we slept well. So thanks to everyone at Bath St. Inn for a wonderful stay. And thanks for the recipe for the chocolate cake! We will definitely be back if a room is available!

Room Tip: THe house has a wonderful layout with several little places to get away, watch tv, have some tea, etc, so I think any room would be nice. We saw a few and they all looked lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business