“fantastic!”

Ranked #3 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“fantastic!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

So my wife and I traveled up the coast for our honeymoon and ended up at Bath st. Inn. I have to say that this place is fantastic. The inn keeper was beyond sweet and helpful and made sure to make us feel at home. The location is perfect and the accommodations were exactly what we needed for a calm and comfortable evening. If you need to just get away I highly suggest you to go here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at Bath Street twice, and loved it from the moment I walked in the door and inhaled the smell of gingerbread The rooms are comfortable and cozy. Breakfast is delicious and hearty enough to keep you going all day. At afternoon tea, there was a chocolate cake as good as what my Mom makes. The staff goes out of their way to solve the little problems that plague travelers. After I checked out, they let me leave my car in the parking lot and even let me recharge my exhausted cellphone when I returned for the car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank crjabs
Arcadia, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We always love a visit to Santa Barbara - not far from home but such a wonderful escapist treat! My husband and I just had a two day visit to refresh after many busy weeks at home. We returned to our favorite, Bath Street Inn. Reasonable, comfortable, convenient to State Street while still on a neighborhood street. Marie and Deborah, owners of the Inn, do not live on site but are very present to welcome, give tours and information on arrival and appear again early in the morning to serve breakfast and offer assistance with plans and/or reservations for the day.

Everything we have ever eaten at Bath Street has been delicious. Home baked goods appear in the afternoon along with tea and often lemonade, depending on the weather. These remain out to enjoy even after returning from dinner late in the evening. Wine and cheese and crackers appear at 5:30. On a cool day, you can sit by the fire and visit with other guests. When the weather is nice, the lovely back patio or comfortable and sunny (afternoon) front porch are alternate places to enjoy your tea and treats. Breakfast is ample but not so much that you feel totally stuffed - a delicious small portion of home made granola with yogurt and fruit to start with, then an entree to follow and of course coffee and tea and juice to accompany it all. It is just the right amount to energize us to get out and enjoy the city and holds us until a late lunch. And they give out recipes too! I took two home this trip and can't wait to try them.

The rooms are varied so you should ask your innkeeper when you call if you have particular needs or desires. The beds are very comfortable. Some rooms have two comfy chairs for reading, some only have room for one. Some bathrooms have tiny sinks and no space around them to put your cosmetics due to space issues while others have full size sink in a vanity. There are claw foot tubs terrific for soaking, but perhaps not as preferable for showering. There are shower stall only rooms and a jacuzzi tub or two. The innkeeper will help you find what works best for you - just ask when you call. One bathroom has an adorable little skylight. Each room is unique, and you will come to decide which one you want to return to on your next trip! Always love our stay - walk all over from the Inn. Love this City, love this inn! Oh - and I should say, we have so enjoyed meeting people during our visits to this Inn. This trip visited at length with some English guests and also ran into someone we met here two or three years ago and had a nice catch up visit. Enjoy!

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Deborah gave us a very warm welcome explaining all the details of the B&B, the room, and the location. We stayed in the Rose room, which was nice and clean. The wine & cheese in the afternoon were good, and provided an opportunity to chat with other guests. The breakfast was delicious, all self-made and including fresh fruit. Nice little extra: They also offered a non-dairy creamer for the coffee, so even I being lactose-intolerant could enjoy coffee with cream.

Thank you for a really enjoyable stay with absolutely nothing to complain about.

Dublin, California
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter & I stayed here overnight to go to a UCSB campus tour the next day. This Inn is located in a (safe) residential neighborhood about 6 (very easy) walking blocks from the shopping hub on State Street.
When we arrived in the afternoon, they had fresh lemonade, fresh baked cookies, chocolate cake & almond cake waiting for us. (Superb!)
The breakfast they served the following morning was outstanding. We had such great service and it is quiet obvious that Marie & Deborah have genuine pride in what they do.
The Inn was very cozy & homey, and the room we stayed in (The Abigail Room) was clean, just the right size for us, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Debra and Marie, our hosts, as well as their staff, work very hard to ensure one's stay is enjoyable. The location is close to downtown Santa Barbara. Downtown is either a reasonable walk or a short drive. The neighbourhood is lovely and with this location, one gets to experience the real charm of Santa Barbara. We were made to feel most welcome almost immediately, and then continuously throughout our two night stay. The breakfast was wonderful both mornings and I couldn't resist sampling all of the goodies during afternoon tea. I forgot a small item in our room and they got ahold of us right away and offered to send it to us, which was much appreciated. We stayed in the 'back' room...in a separate building behind the main home. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. Most importantly, it was quiet which allowed us to get great sleeps both nights.

Lone Pine, California
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A conference brought me to Santa Barbara and in need of a nice place to stay after some extremely busy days, Bath Street Inn filled the bill. It was comforting to know that I would return to a very comfortable and clean room with the added bonus of people that cared about my comfort and concerns. My dietary requests were always addressed, the food excellent, and the atmosphere inviting. Breakfast out on the patio was just heaven! Any idea about watching the calories went out the window on the first day. Cookies and marvelous cakes were always plentiful. I would definitely recommend this lovely B&B.

Room Tip: I slept in two rooms, one with an outside door and one upstairs. At the last minute I decided to sta...