“The Bath Street Inn is the best Bed and Breakfast or hotel we've ever stayed at.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bath Street Inn

Bath Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Los Osos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

We highly recommend the Bath Street Inn. Everything, from the comfort of the room, to the beauty of the garden, to the excellence of the food, to the friendliness and helpfullness of the wonderful hosts, was way beyond compare. We felt immediately at home in our beautiful room,the parlour and the dinning room. When you are a guest you feel right at home form the start: backdoor entrance through the delicious smeeling kitchen; incredible breakfasts; cozy tea time; relaxing wine and cheese; evening decadent treats. One of our traveling companions has already booked a return trip, not even a week after leaving Santa Barbara. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The Country Suite has a fully appointed kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

After a long drive from SF, the Bath St. Inn and innkeeper and tea and goodies helped erase the tsuris of 5 hours behind the wheel. Wonderful service; lovely treats; delightful -- and very cozy -- room. Jacaranda in bloom; fuschia and jasmine in abundance; a tree laden with oranges. Caring and attentive inn keeper. Very, very nice. Will return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

My 17 year old daughter and I planned a trip to Santa Barbara to check out UCSB for college in a year and a half. From the moment I spoke to the Inn keeper about our trip the helpful, accurate information began. Deborah guided us on whether or not we needed to rent a car which we actually decided against. We took the bus to the university, walked around the eating/shopping area in downtown and utlized the electric trolley for a quarter all through Deborah's urging. It was a productive trip to say the least. My daughter fell in love with UCSB and we even went home with a couple new recipes to copy after having sampled them at breakfast. We will definitely be back if my daughter is accepted as a GAUCHO.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Partridge room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

I used to live in SB and this was my first time staying in my ex-home town, so I chose the Bath Street Inn. They worked with me tirelessly to find the best room for my needs. They were gracious and helpful, the Inn itself is I believe a Queen Anne, comfortably and elegantly decorated. The breakfasts were delicious, the teas scrumptious. They know how to prepare food. I am gluten-intolerant and they worked with me on that challenging diet by making my food gluten-free. I would visit again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: See rooms online & talk to staff very helpful.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Ayer, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

We loved the Bath Street Inn..visited end of March and wisteria was in regal bloom, the room was cozy, charming and suited us just fine. The breakfasts were very tasty and abundant! Tea time is special to sample the baked goodies..and the Innkeepers leave them out for a late dessert.. Look forward to returning there soon.

Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

Bath Street Inn was a wonderful place to stay. Everything they served was absolutely delicious! Everything was very clean and comfortable. Our room looked a bit worn but everything else made up for that fact. My husband and I will definitely be back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Davis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

This was our first B&B and it was so lovely. We checked in with Marti at 2pm, she showed us around the house, gave us the times for breakfast, tea, and wine, then showed us to our room. The place is a little outdated and maybe a bit cramped, but I guess that just creates the intimate ambiance that we were looking for. We stayed in the Garden Room that had a jacuzzi, and we had no problems with the water temperature. The best part of the stay was that our room was very private and the food was fantastic. We had a full breakfast with artichoke/feta omelets, homemade blueberry muffins, homemade granola with yogurt, and grapefruit. All of it was delicious! I kept on raving to my husband about the coconut cake they served during tea time! This will be the only place we stay at when in SB from now on!