“Great lunch spot”

Empty Bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar
Ranked #58 of 540 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Second I have visited this place and loved it both times. Eating at the counter, enjoying locals, great food and people watching. If you are visiting SB be sure to visit Santa Barbara marketplace, where this noodle bar is located. There are 5 or 6 places to eat. Plus gourmet food and fresh bakery.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

f you want authentic Asian noodle dishes each with distinct flavors that explode in your mouth, you need to go to this little gourmet noodle bar that's in the gleaming new Santa Barbara Public Market.
We were in SB for 2 days only on our summer vacation and we already went there twice. The hand wrapped potstickers were out of this world, authentic in texture with delicate pork/vegetable fillings. The Pancit Philippino noodles had fresh fried tofu with wild mushrooms and thick egg noodles that were cooked just right - slightly al dente. The tom yum noodles had tangy rice noodles with shrimp that were slightly crispy ( when I inquired where they get their shrimp, I was told that it came from the local fresh fish market). The Thai curry noodles came with spectacular presentation and was filled with tender organic chicken.
I was so impressed with this little noodle bar - presentation, friendliness, service and most of all, the outrageously good food.
It seemed that it's mostly the locals who frequent this establishment, evident in the fact that everyone seems to know each other. I guess the tourists haven't discovered it yet! I'm sure glad we did.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I just spent six weeks eating our way around Santa Barbara. Our lunch here was the favorite mid-day meal of the summer for both of us. San Francisco (at its best) calibre noodles in a lively Public Market setting that's like a micro Ferry Building. Worth a visit!

1  Thank pointfinder
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was our first visit to this establishment.
My wife and I both ordered the chicken curry egg noodle soup, which was excellent, well flavored with allot of ingredients to provide a wonderful collection of blended taste. The portions were sufficiently large where we cold have shared one soup, which we would normally have done.
However, there were no tables offer by this establishment, and we were required to sit at the bar seating, with the servers hovering over our meal, which we found a little disturbing.
The 2 soups were $25 plus tip, which we found to be a little pricey given the limited seating.

1  Thank AussieAloha
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Found this restaurant by chance and did not regret it. Deliciously fresh food, great service and really clean. If you like noodles you will not go wrong here.