“Honeymoon meal”

Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Dinner was delicious, service was incredible, desserts are out of this world! We even got a free extra cake to take home because it was our honeymoon. A wonderful evening and we would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Noodle28b
There are newer reviews for Andersen's Danish Bakery

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Attended a wedding reception here. It was held upstairs in two rooms. Was a bit hard getting around to talking to everyone, but was a nice venue. For the reception lunch your choice was salmon or chicken. Both were very delicious. Loved the salad with walnuts, strawberries and dried cranberries. Yum. I was impressed with the serving staff. Very friendly and efficient. Did a great job. Would love to go back and have a meal with just me and my husband. Will do so when in the area again.

1  Thank BMWJeanne
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently ate at this restaurant with several other people. This was a repeat visit from some years ago and I was drawn back with memories of the wonderful marzipan layer cake. The cake was so good when my husband and I visited the first time that we got another piece to take on the train home with us. During my previous visit, my husband and I ate two meals here, breakfast and lunch because we liked the restaurant so well. During this visit we ate outside on the patio in front of the restaurant and facing busy State Street. This is a wonderful location and full of ambience. The restaurant is lovely both inside and out with attentive service. Since we came for lunch I had one of the specials, the roast pork with potatoes, red cabbage and apples. The dish was just delicious with a port gravy covering the juicy slices of pork and potatoes. The red cabbage was pickled and a little too sweet for my taste, but still good. The apples had been cooked with bacon, a nice touch. My sister and niece shared a hamburger which they said was quite good. Fresh bread accompanied our meals and we had homemade orange marmalade on the table as well. For dessert I had the wonderful marzipan layer cake (two layers of sponge cake soaked in liquer with raspberry jam, cream and topped with more cream and a layer of marzipan wrapped frosting. It was as good as i remembered. My sister had a tasty marzipan tart. The lady near the bakery case was handing out samples which was nice and there is such a great selection of pastries, cakes, cookies, bars, etc., that it is difficult to pick. I would highly recommend eating at this Danish restaurant which is full of great food and ambience!

1  Thank MSWMom50
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I took my family here for breakfast over the weekend. It was delightful. They had omelets, which they devoured. I had a crab cake eggs benedict, which I am still thinking about. It was served on a flaky puff pastry, instead of the standard English muffin. The crab cake was good and the egg was poached perfectly.

I also like to sit outside in the afternoon (if I can get a table!), and have some tea and pastry and watch the people go by on State Street. A great little place!

1  Thank MyArt4U
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I loved our beet and goat cheese salads while my son (18) stated his French Dip was the best sandwich he ever had. I really liked my light lemon mousse dessert, though pricy. One caution - we were disappointed our smoked salmon appetizer arrived with cilantro when it wasn't mentioned on the menu.

1  Thank Scott M