“The only way to wine-tour Santa Ynez”

Captain Jack's Santa Barbara Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Wine Tasting Tour in the Santa Barbara News Press "Readers Choice Award" two years in a row.
Los Angeles
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The only way to wine-tour Santa Ynez”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

It's not only the only responsible way to wine tour-- to have someone else do the driving!-- but the good folks at Capt. Jack's do a better job than I could myself, though I know the area quite well.

Our guide Tracy picked us up promptly from our motel, then picked up another batch of people-- we were 7 altogether, mixed ages and relationships-- and we were in wine country and at a wonderful ranch-style tasting room by mid-morning. The selection of wineries and stops was fun-- well-paced, good variety, very different "looks" and styles, and a nice range of wines. A stop at a tasting room in Solvang allowed a couple of folks to sneak away and pick up some Danish pastry, and a stop at an olive farm for olive oil tasting was a good accent.

Lunch, not included in the price, was casual and convivial-- a table reserved for us at a good, affordable but excellent cafe in Los Olivos-- and a waitress more than happy to do separate checks as needed.

We had a fun group. Tracy asked key questions, picked up on everyone's experience and preferences, and managed and loaded purchases, tagging with our names. So we felt taken care of but free to deal with each stop as we felt like doing-- tasting more or less, exploring grounds, taking pix, etc.

A well spent day and your arrive back in time to hit the pool. Of course, we did the tour on a Monday so there was no traffic, the tasting rooms were not packed, and the pace everywhere was relaxed. Don't try this on a Saturday.

Los Angeles, California
“WONDERFUL Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I live in Los Angeles, about an hour and a half from Santa Barbara and when I started looking for a great wine tasting tour Captain Jacks kept coming up in my search. I was planning a weekend get away for myself and a girlfriend who had never been wine tasting before. Captain Jacks had the best price by far from any of the other tours, and with me being on a budget I decided to go with the $99 Santa Yenez Valley Wine Tour! We planned to stay in Solvang so we could be close to the wine tasting rooms the whole weekend :). They came to our hotel in Solvang to pick us up and we were off! The SUV was very comfortable and the people we ended up with were AMAZING! We still talk to them to this day :) Our tour guide Ari was SO kind and informed us on a lot of wine facts. We went to several different wineries/wine tasting rooms where we were all treated with love and respect. I came home with 9 bottle of wine :) I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to ANYONE! I can't wait to go back and do it again with another friend.

Mission Viejo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved the Top Deck Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I loved the Top Deck Tour with Captain Jack's! We were picked up right on time at our hotel in the morning and our guide drove us to Refugio Beach for kayaking. He gave us instruction on how to navigate the kayak and toured us along the coast and around the kelp beds. The water was really clear and calm. I was surprised that we could see fish and even had a close up visit from a seal. The guide was very knowledgeable about the area. It was a very peaceful way to start the day!

Our guide then took us to a nearby resort for a picnic lunch. The food was delicious, large portioned and very reasonably priced. We really enjoyed it. Lunch was followed by a 1 1/2 hr. trail ride at a nearby ranch. The horses were great and the views were very beautiful. Definitely comfortable for someone who is a novice rider.

Next, we were driven up the lovely coast to a couple of very nice wineries. We felt like the guide took the time to understand our taste in wine and selected the wineries based on what would be most appealing to us. He really made sure we were taken care of and knew a lot about vineyards and wine in general. The day was a great balance of adventure and tranquility- it was just what we needed. We would certainly recommend this tour!

Calgary, Canada
“Best experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had an excellant experience on are tour with Jenz. He made are trip very memorable and a lot of fun. His knowledge was unbelievable. We had a awesome day and have already talked about coming back. I would highly recommend Jenz as are guide again.
Linda

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Wine Tour with Jens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I took the Santa Hills wine tour with Jens and had a wonderful day. He made the day completely relaxing and laid back while still being educational. He took the time to include more aspects that husband had an interest in, such as grape growing and processing. He even used his photography talents to take some great photos of my husband and I. Ask for Jens.

Visited July 2013