“Wine Tasting in Santa Ynez with Captain Jacks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain Jack's Santa Barbara Tours

Captain Jack's Santa Barbara Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Wine Tasting Tour in the Santa Barbara News Press "Readers Choice Award" two years in a row.
Studio City, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting in Santa Ynez with Captain Jacks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I took the Santa Ynez tour with Tracy on 12/8/12 and had the best time! Tracy was very energetic and fun and was such a great tour guide. It was my first time wine tasting and she helped make my experience very enjoyable. She told really funny stories about past tours which helped break the ice and loosen up the group and the whole group ended up having a blast and talking and dancing with each other the rest of the trip. She let us know that this was our tour and it's what we make of it. The wineries and the olive oil & vinegar tastings were awesome...especially Bridlewood. It's such a gorgeous estate. They pick you up at your hotel around 930 an drop you off around 430-5, but the time goes by so fast.This tour was definitely worth every penny! I highly recommend asking for Tracy when you book your tour!!

Visited December 2012

Thousand Oaks, California, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“wine tasting with Captain Jacks in Santa Rita”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My friends and I took the Santa Rita wine tours with Jens on Nov.,11,12. What a fantastic time we had. it was a Beautuful fall day with great wines. Most importantly, our tour guide Jens did everything he could to made our trip enjoyable. He even went out of his way to stop by an area where the monarch butterflies were hanging out!!!! Now that wasn't a part of the wine tour but he thought he would ADD something at the end of our tour. yes,yes yes I would recommend Captain Jacks and Jens Oliver.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Debbie H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a tour!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

My best friend and I went to the Santa Rita Hills, which you may not know is Pinot Noir and Chardonnay Country which was so beautiful. We didn't know what quite to expect being it was an open tour. Thank God we had great people that made it fun. But as we were driving back home, all we talked about was how cool our guide was. Tracy was the best!! She took the time to take the most amazing photos of us...taught us so much about all the clones for pinot. Its was just such a grest time. Thank you Tracy was the greatest time!! Like i told you, we will see you in May for my birthday!! You Rock Girl!!!!!

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relaxing and informative day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I live in Santa Barbara and I've been to several of the vineyards in Santa Ynez and Los Olivos, but visiting the Santa Rita Hills on Captain Jack's Tours took it one step beyond. Jens was a great guide, very informative and excited about the wines. He was genuinely enthusiastic which made me want to learn and do more than just drink. They really chose the 4 vineyards wisely, each had something unique to offer and I liked the varietals from all of them. The only suggestion I would make would be another choice for lunch. We stopped at La Purisima Golf Course which had a greasy snack bar. If that is on your itinerary make sure to bring a lunch. Other than that a great way to spend the day with friends.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Barclay10
Vancouver
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent Wine Tour and Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We recently visitied Santa Barbara for my 50th birthday and although I personally do not drink wine I was with seven other women, most of whom do. Choosing Captain Jacks as our tour was the best choice ever. We were very fortunate to have Peter as our Guide. He was excellant! I was wondering how our Guide would do with eight of us and he handled the tour beautifully. He is extremely knowledgable about wine and the Santa Barbara wine region, etc. Peter was very flexible and although we had signed up for the Sideways Tour he changed it a little and added on an olive tasting as well as feeding the Ostrich's. We had an amazing dinner at an Italian family run restaurant as well. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday and we all highly reccomend it. Thank you Peter for a great day and great memories.

Visited October 2012