“Highly recommend to Santa Rita Hills Tour”

Captain Jack's Santa Barbara Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Wine Tasting Tour in the Santa Barbara News Press "Readers Choice Award" two years in a row.
Elgin, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Highly recommend to Santa Rita Hills Tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We were lucky enough to have Jens as our guide on this tour. There were 13 of us in total and luckily enough we all got on very well. Jens was an excellent tour guide who answered any questions or requests we had along the way. Personally my favourite winery was the second stop on our tour called LaFond winery & vineyard. They provided several different cheeses, bread, salami, strawberries and some very tasty chocolate fudge! We had come on a good day as they also had a Taco stall outside in the grounds to soak up some of the wine.

Would highly recommend this tour!

1 Thank pap1973

“The best top 10.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Let me just start by saying this tour was the best tour my wife and I have ever taken. We signed up for the sideways tour. They take you to 4 wineries that we in the movie. Very diverse and interesting! We have taken tours through Italy..France..Napa and all were good but I have to give it up to Tracy our guide that day. We never got that one on one experience that she brings. Extrememly knowledgeable..friendly..and she knows everybody. It was by far the top 10 experiences of my life. No joke!! Tracy...hope to see you again. im sending you the boston tickets in march!!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great private tour”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We did a customized tour of horseback riding in the morning, wine tour in the afternoon and a sunset cruise in the end. We had an unforgettable time! Jens was our guide and he was outstanding. Not only was he extremely friendly and knowledgeable about wine and the area (describing everything along the way even during the drive over to each place), he is also a really really good photographer. I am pretty into photography, and I get pissed all the time when random people take pictures for me and they screw up. With Jens, that will never be a problem. He happens to also be a professional photographer on the side--- let's just say that we are extremely satisfied with the pics that he took for us. It made my experience a lot less stressful coz' I knew that the pics would turn out great.

1 Thank tyaliu
Los Angeles, California
“Now THIS is a wine tour!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I can’t say enough good things about Captain Jack’s and our guide and driver Tracy.
From the moment she picked us up at the front door of our hotel, she had a smile on her face. And that smile never left!
Tracy, who’s extremely down-to-earth and personable, also was exceptionally knowledgeable about wines and wine-making. She took us to four wineries, and a lovely lunch in Los Olivos. She also introduces folks to great local hangouts such as Cold Spring Tavern.
We could tell the staff and owners of the wineries in town know and respect her.
She gave us great recommendations on different wineries and was willing to point out diverse and unique places in the Santa Ynez Valley.
She gave one of the best tours I’ve ever had! If you are going anywhere near Santa Barbara, I highly recommend Captain Jack’s and Tracy.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Santa Rita Hills Wine Tour”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are relatively new wine enthusiasts, and couldn't have asked for a better guide than Jens. It was like having your own personal sommelier (he should be one officially very soon). He really helped us get so much more out of the tour, my knowledge and interest were increased dramatically after spending the day with him. He loves teaching people about wine, and is very relaxed and not at all pretentious, hell, he even loves Atmosphere!