“Santa Rita Hills Wine Tour”

Captain Jack's Santa Barbara Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Wine Tasting Tour in the Santa Barbara News Press "Readers Choice Award" two years in a row.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Santa Rita Hills Wine Tour”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are relatively new wine enthusiasts, and couldn't have asked for a better guide than Jens. It was like having your own personal sommelier (he should be one officially very soon). He really helped us get so much more out of the tour, my knowledge and interest were increased dramatically after spending the day with him. He loves teaching people about wine, and is very relaxed and not at all pretentious, hell, he even loves Atmosphere!

Visited September 2012

Calgary
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Kayaking with Captain Jack”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

In February 2012 my husband, 10-year-old son and myself went on a harbour kayak tour with Captain Jack's. It was an excellent tour. The price was very reasonable, and we had two guides for the three of us. The guides were two young guys - very friendly, helpful and informative. My son was in a double kayak with me and my husband had his own kayak. They took us around the harbour, pointing out the sights along the way as we paddled among many different kinds of boats. Then out into the open sea. We paddled about a mile out, going past two buoys where there were sea lions sunbathing. When we got to the 2nd buoy and circled it, one of the sea lions lazily slipped off the buoy into the water and swam away - so awesome to see these animals up close! We didn't have time to do much else in Santa Barbara, but I would love to try one of their wine tours in the future. If there is an activity to be done in Santa Barbara and area, Captain Jack's has a tour for it!

Visited February 2012
“The best time ever!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My mother signed her kids up for the santa ynez wine tour before my brother went to go serve our country. We had Tracie as our guide and she was absolutely incredible. She taught us so much being new to wine tasting. She suggested getting sandwiches at this one place and taking them out to the vineyard because the day was beauitful...wow!! it was magical just being there with my family and knowing my brother was leaving in two days. I cant thank Tracie enough for the day we had. She was the added highlight of our experience. We will be back for sure and request her as our guide again.

Long Beach, California
“Jens (Pronounced "Yens")”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have heard nothing but great things about this place. A was able to provide a tour for a friend of mine and it was one of the best gifts that I could have given. Jens was a trusted tour guide with and exceptional understanding of wine. I would highly recommend Captain Jack's tours as a gift for anyone you know.

Visited October 2011
Santa Monica, California
“Harvest Wine Tour Delight!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Usually i'm not one to go online and review my activities but after taking yesterday's Santa Ynez Wine tour with Jens (pronounced Yenz) i felt obligated to do so. The scenery was amazing, especially because we unknowingly came up in the middle of harvest, allowing us to taste all the grapes we were drinking the wine from. Jens, who is studying to become a sommelier, did a fantastic job, unobtrusively providing in-depth knowledge about everything from the ground the grapes grew in to the bottle they were poured out of along with entertainment for the whole group in between. We stopped for lunch at an Italian place, i think it was called Grappo, which was also delicious. Miles better than the soggy sandwiches many other tours I've been on provide. If you want to have a relaxing day, enjoy some wonderful central coast wines (my favorites were the Syrah's and Pinots of the area) and flavors, request Jens and Captain Jacks Tours next time you are looking to have some fun in SB. Don't Drink and Drive !

Visited September 2012