“Good Choice for a Steak”

Rodney's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Rodney's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed February 25, 2013

While staying at the Fes Parker Doubltree in Santa Barbara we decided on dinner at Rodney's mainly because we didn't want to drive or take a taxi. I was a bit wary since hotel restaurants aren't always the best. But, this was a good choice. We had the filet and it was prefect. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Prefect medium rate, very tender, juicy. Great. It isn't a perfect score because the baked potato is an extra $9 and it seemed to have been cooked too long. Also, the wine list while good, was, IMO, overpriced. Even with the flaws we'd go back to have another excellent steak. The other negative was the noise level. It's a big room with all hard surfaces, and when busy is also noisy.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I spent New Years Eve at this restaurant and the food was divine. The service was impeccable, the steak was made exactly as I ordered, and the garlic truffle fries were to die for! The portions were generous too, especially the 7 layer chocolate cake! I would definitely return.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We really enjoyed Christmas dinner at Rodney's. Roasted turkey with all the trimmings, and prime rib cooked perfectly. Amelia was a great server, and it was a warm friendly atmosphere. It was really fun to see families of all ages.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Every year I top off my birthday by treating a few close friends to dinner at Rodney's. I've eaten at some great steakhouses in Chicago, New York and elsewhere. For those carnivores who can appreciate a good steak, this rivals any of the great steakhouses. The menu is limited to beef, and various fresh fish items. But the steak is where the rubber meets the road here. We enjoyed mussels and clams as an appetizer, they were steamed to perfection, with a wonderful sauce. Then I order the NY strip. They offer various types of sauces for your steak, but I personally like it without. I ordered it medium and it was cooked perfectly. We enjoyed the garlic mashed potatoes, truffel fries, creamed spinich and steamed broccoli....all of which were great additions to the dinner. The wait staff are attentive and the drinks are outstanding. They are made to perfection and they don't skimp on the alcohol. As any great steakhouse, you can expect to pay about $38 for the steak alone. If you enjoy a good cut of meat then you will enjoy Rodney's. If you're not a steak fan, then save the money and go to Sizzler. Me? I'm sticking with the great service and outstanding food.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The decor was nice but very brightly lite. The menu was very limited. The food average but expensive. I can get an average steak and steamed broccoli anywhere nothing special, but a big bill at the end.