“Lovely place to eat and chill”
Review of Zaytoon

Zaytoon
Ranked #22 of 549 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Like many reviewers, I have to agree that the the outdoor setting is beautiful - the lovely ambiance made it for a beautiful summer night out after an awesome show at the bowl. Aside from the setting, staff is friendly and attentive and dinner portions are fairly huge. We ordered the Hummus w/Shawarma for appetizer and it was delicious - rich flavors with every bite. We also got the Kebab combo, which was also pretty good. And for a standard cork fee charge, we were able to bring our own bottle of wine which made our perfect night out even better.

The only minor thing I want to point out are some of the chairs in the outdoor dining area. The chairs we were provided are much bigger and lower to the ground that what i'm used to at other outdoor restaurants. It makes eating across somebody a little uncomfortable since they'll seem so much further away than they really are. Not a big deal, but I think next time, we might opt for a different table with more standard chairs.

Next time I'm in SB, I definitely wouldn't mind coming back to Zaytoon for another great experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

the outside seating is spectacular and very charming. As for the food being very familiar with Middel Eastern Cuisine I would say it is Good, but not excellent

Reviewed September 1, 2013

this is a very very pretty garden set up with lots of twinkle lights- would create a lovely wedding atmosphere. The food was fine but nothing spectacular. Service relatively friendly. Nice ambience but not sure i'd go back when so many places to try in SB.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Some good friends were taking us out and suggested Zaytoon or one of the local steak places. We wanted to try something different and a place we'd not been to, so we opted for Zaytoon and I'm so glad we did! Seeing the restaurant from the street, you'd never expect the beautiful setting, especially at night! It's a lovely garden, the walls are covered with jasmine, grape vines and other greenery, and once the patio lights and the individual fires at the patio tables are lit, it is just beautiful. There were four of us, we had a selection of appetizers: hummus, tabouli, yogurt, falafel and more, accompanied by a bottle of Ksara wine (very nice!). For dinner, we all opted for the lamb kebobs, so we ended up getting three orders, which was plenty of food for us. Dessert was (of course) Baklava, which was very good. The service was EXCELLENT, very attentive, a great experience and I would highly recommend this restaurant. We were there on a Wednesday and it was quite busy, so I would suggest reservations, particularly if you are planning to go on the weekend.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The outside garden is magical at night. wonderful music playing during dinner. They're open late and don't rush you out. Food was perfect for our big group. Share the vegie platter and salad - they are both large. Lemon chicken was our favorite.