“Amazing garden spot downtown”
Review of Zaytoon

Zaytoon
Ranked #25 of 530 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Santa Barbara, California
“Amazing garden spot downtown”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Some good friends were taking us out and suggested Zaytoon or one of the local steak places. We wanted to try something different and a place we'd not been to, so we opted for Zaytoon and I'm so glad we did! Seeing the restaurant from the street, you'd never expect the beautiful setting, especially at night! It's a lovely garden, the walls are covered with jasmine, grape vines and other greenery, and once the patio lights and the individual fires at the patio tables are lit, it is just beautiful. There were four of us, we had a selection of appetizers: hummus, tabouli, yogurt, falafel and more, accompanied by a bottle of Ksara wine (very nice!). For dinner, we all opted for the lamb kebobs, so we ended up getting three orders, which was plenty of food for us. Dessert was (of course) Baklava, which was very good. The service was EXCELLENT, very attentive, a great experience and I would highly recommend this restaurant. We were there on a Wednesday and it was quite busy, so I would suggest reservations, particularly if you are planning to go on the weekend.

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
San Carlos, California
“Awesome garden getaway”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The outside garden is magical at night. wonderful music playing during dinner. They're open late and don't rush you out. Food was perfect for our big group. Share the vegie platter and salad - they are both large. Lemon chicken was our favorite.

Visited August 2013
Mill Valley, California
“Tasty food in a relaxing atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We chose Zaytoon for a casual lunch on a lovely Summer day, and were seated in the outdoor garden courtyard. It was the perfect setting to relax and enjoy their delicious food. The prices were exceptionally reasonable for the quality of food we received. As a bonus, our waitress remembered that I did not want onions in my Lebanese chicken wrap and had made certain that my salad didn't contain any either (my daughter's did, so I knew the waitress had made a special effort).

• Visited July 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“An exceptional find.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Wonderful meal and ambiance . Lovely outdoor seating. Our service was good and this was a fun people watching place also. The portions were ample and I left some of my lamb shank on my plate as we were traveling and had no refrigeration. My husband had the lamb shawarma which he thoroughly enjoyed. We had a few appetizers which were again ample sized and 2 entrees and 1 beer all for the reasonable price of $80 . Outdoor seating is the best if you can get it as it was full when we left. Definitely worth a trip to this place.

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“Like being invited to a cozy,lovely party!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We heard music....Santana's " Samba Pa Ti" ....when walking the streets close to our hotel, looking for a place to have dinner. We were simply DRAWN to this place. You come in and it looks like a party in some bodies backyard with gas fires going at every single of their round tables. Soooo cozy and inviting. Lebanese food was really nice and tasty....service were SUPER friendly, efficient ....there is nothing not to like about this place on a cool summers night. Live Music awesome.  Just GO!!

• Visited August 2013