“Was a referral by hotel”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I think it would have been best to stick to the rolls - the regular menu was rather ... well, regular.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We ate here because we wanted sushi and this place was right by our hotel (the Agave inn). We didn't have any expectations but all agreed the food was exceptional and fantastic value. We ordered one of the sharing menus between three of us. We were served good salads and miso soup, and then were wowed by a wooden boat loaded with treats for the main course. It contained a mixture of sushi, melt in the mouth sashimi, and crispy, golden tempura. The portion sizes were very generous, and although we struggled, we just about managed to finish the whole thing off. Service was good, although the restaurant was very quiet, so was the rest of town, and I'm sure it's probably busier on the weekends.

1  Thank bennyboi
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Evert time I have dined at Kyoto the food has been average to good. I was a regular customer until I found mold growing in one of the tatomi (spelling?) rooms. It was a huge turn off. Since that visit I have never been back.

Reviewed February 9, 2010

Please forgive my misspelling, but after five shots of Korean so-ju (sp) (like sake) my capabilities are a bit tested. I sat in the sushi section and ordered appetizers for my meal to keep it cheaper; the food was quite good--very fresh...but was offered no American utensils...I know "when in Rome" but I did not get a napkin, either. Thankfully, I do fine with chopsticks. The shots came in when a small group of men were celebrating on behalf of one them who received word a commercial he filmed is to be used by Pepsi. It was quite a great celebration and the food and drink complimented the potential of his career. It was so kind of him to include this solo female diner to celebrate his future. Kombe!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Not as great as I remembered it. Needs some serious renovation too.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook