“Absolutely the best fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dargan's

Dargan's
Ranked #113 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Laguna Beach, California
“Absolutely the best fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

As a Brit, I love my fish and chips. We always manage to stop and eat here when in the area and the fish and chips is consistently good. We ordered a lunch portion and it was huge and really really good. The fish was tender, the batter was perfection and the fries delicious. It was a really enjoyable meal. One of the best places to eat in Santa Barbara if you are seeking a good pint, good food, a spacious pub, friendly staff and close to parking. The price was very reasonable too and I mean exceptionally good value. I would love to try their other dishes but the fish and chips is just to good to pass on! They have Happy hour during the day on some days too as well as early evening, so check out their happy hour it is really good value for a pint.

• Visited March 2014

Santa Barbara, California
“Sorry to downgrade Dargan's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've eaten at Dargan's for years and enjoyed their fresh salads and willingness to be flexible to the needs of their customers. I've often ordered a side order of steamed veggies, but my last visit (early lunch on 2/8/14) was overshadowed by a extreme unwillingness to accomodate my request. I asked for a side of steamed veggies and explained I'd like it to contain onions, mushrooms and other fresh non-starch veggies they were showing as available on their other menu items. I received a bowl of steamed brussel sprouts ONLY...nothing else in that bowl. The waitress told me the cook had NOTHING else to serve, so I sent it back. Since they feature onion soup with fresh onions, this was obviously a case of not wanting to honor special requests. I'm sad to remove Dargan's from my list of favorites, but perhaps they need a tune-up on their attitude toward customer service?

• Visited February 2014
Perth, Australia
“A delightful Irish Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were Aussies travelling in the US and our AFL football team was playing in the Grand Final in Melbourne for the first time ever. We were going to be in Santa Barbara the night of the grand final. We emailed the pub ahead of time and Paul Dargan was very quick to reply saying they would happily show the footy game for us. Not only did they give us prime spot in front of the TV but looked after us all evening with food and drinks. Their wedges were delicious.
Unfortunately our beloved Dockers did not win their first final but I can thoroughly recommend this Irish pub for excellent personal service and great atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank elias501
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“A Happy Discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Santa Barbara has many "hidden gem" restaurants that sit back from street view and this is one. It is, however, close to one of the large city parking complexes and that's how we discovered it during a one day visit while heading up the coast. A pint of Guinness and Irish Reuben's for two, well made and well served in a classic (large) Irish bar equals two happy travelers. To be fair we were there early on a weekday and thus service was pretty much all about us and a smattering of early bird lunchers.

• Visited November 2013
Santa barbara, CA
“Traditional Irish Pub in a Mediterranean Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Guinness is poured just right, the bartenders are friendly and efficient, the music is terrific (call ahead or check their website for live music) and the food is yummy. Menu ranges from delicious salads that make a meal to the hearty Irish fare.

Visited July 2013