“No blarney.”

Dargan's
Ranked #115 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“No blarney.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I love Dargan's. It could be my Irish blood or the Guniess on tap. But I think it has more to do with the great food and reasonable prices. I had fish and chips, my wife had corned beef and cabbage. Everything was great. And it was very reasonable. This is a rather unique place. Ther is a pool table in the back room (which is actually the front room). The have live music on occassion. It can get a little loud - but I did warn you it is Irish. So take a walk on the well feed wild side. It's fun.

Visited March 2013

El Segundo
“Great Pub, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Took a break with the family while in Santa Barbara last weekend. My wife and I had a couple of beers while watching the NCAA Basketball games. The drinks were great, the server friendly, and the atmosphere casual but nice-not dumpy. We were there mid afternoon, and when we left people were coming in for the evening. You could tell that a fair amount of locals were visiting even though it is right off of touristy State Street. Another plus is that it is right outside a public parking garage. I would definitely check out Dargan`s next time you visit Santa Barbara.

• Visited March 2013
las vegas
“Enjoyable with good menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a group of East Coasters and a group of West Coasters merged for an evening at Dargan's. Everything was great. Food and service were very good. A really good menu for an Irish Bar and Restaurant. Appears to be a popular spot as it filled up around 9:00 p.m. with a college age bar crowd.

• Visited March 2013
“The "go to" restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We don't go out a lot, but when we do, Dargan's is a frequent stop. When my parents are visiting from the East Coast, they always like to come here for lunch. When my husband's relatives from Ireland are over they always end up at Dargan's after the daily shopping expedition. Food is good, staff is great, all around good value.

Visited December 2012
“beer hall only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a craving for fried chicken due to Scolari's being closed, and I asked the waitress if they made their own. Although she said they did, it was tasteless & inedible. I think a frozen tv dinner would have been a better choice. Very little meat on the bones, and what was there was tasted "off", the breading wasn't worth the calories. I did not finish any of it, and was bummed that my plate was cleared with most of the dinner still on it. I told her it was inedible, and wasn't offered anything other than, "sorry...". If I have to say something positive - the mashed potatoes were good. Dargans is a decent place to shoot pool and drink a beer, but the food appears to be an afterthought.

• Visited January 2013