“First restaurant I ever went to in Santa Barbara.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dargan's

Dargan's
Ranked #114 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Barbara, California
“First restaurant I ever went to in Santa Barbara.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Truly an Irish Pub experience. Right down to the comfort food.
It was cold and rainy in SB and we were new to town looking for a place to live. We both got the chicken pot pie and it was the most perfect lunch ever. It was crusty on the outside and piping hot on the inside. My hubs paired it with a dark dark beer and he was a happy camper.
Great ambiance too!

Visited November 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cannot buy drinks without buying food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

about 10 of us went to have some drinks last night. We (all local professionals and Santa Barbara residents) were literally told that we cannot have drinks only and must purchase food unless we want to sit at the bar. The manager and the waitress are both college age, totally unprofessional... the manager said that he would call the police if we didn't leave the booth! Stay away! The place right next door- the Blush is just awesome- go there instead. At least they have a patio far away from the garbage cans!

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best craic around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is bloody incredible! The Guinness tastes like it does in Ireland, the Magner's hard cider is delicious, & the food is BETTER than Ireland (sorry Ireland) ... try the corned beef & cabbage (PHENOMENAL!), shepherd's pie (I died, went to heaven, gave a bite to St. Patrick, he wanted more of my pie so I came back to Dargan's & continued eating), or Irish stew (tastes better than the stuff my Irish mom made when I did a home-stay in Offaly).

It's nice that they have pool & a bar, but personally, I prefer to park myself in the pub part next to the fire, drink my Magner's/Guinness (usually both), & listen to the Irish music. It's best on a rainy afternoon when no one is there.

If I could have one superhero power, it'd be teleportation. Unfortunately, science hasn't caught up with my dream yet, so instead, when I feel homesick for Ireland, I come to Dargan's :)

• Visited November 2011
Merida
“Comfort in Every Dimension”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We dont play pool, watch soccer or play darts... you can do those things at Dargan's. But we love a good hearty meal and Dargan's has plenty of those. Last night we had corned beef (the best I've ever had), steaks and Irish stew. Everyone was happy. Martinis are generous, service with a smile and we got to sit outside in the warm autumn Santa Barbara evening. Relaxing and comforting in every way.

• Visited October 2012
Scotland
“Really enjoyed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Although it was bit like being back home, we enjoyed a really good meal with great service - can recommend the Steak and Guinness pie and my wife had a great lamb shank. Portion wise it was more than enough for us. Also nice to have a good pint!

Visited June 2012