“The Food is Really Really Good and the service was great!!!! Definitely coming back!!!”
Review of Aldo's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Aldo's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We both had pizzas and salads. The pizza is thin crust and personal size and tastes homemade and yummy. I had the Kale salad which I appreciated and my husband loved his Cesar salad. We also shared a bottle of wine and had a great time!!!!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good Italian restaurant with a nice patio on the street side.
We had chicken with linguini and meatballs with Linguini. Both are very tastfull.
The free starter: garlic/olive oil spread was delicious.
The service was friendly.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Maybe because we were there on a week night, but my husband and I had a nice experience here. We were only in Santa Barbara for one night and decided to stop here to eat after wandering up and down State Street. It was a warm night so we sat out on the patio with the few other patrons that were there. No one was eating inside where it was "air conditioned". Probably because it was actually warmer inside than out.
My husband ordered that day's special of the surf-n-turf. Stupid name for a meal but was pretty good with a very large portion of steak. I ordered the Japanese pumpkin ravioli with shrimp. Again, a large portion, and I thought quite good.
The service was prompt and attentive and the atmosphere was nice. The only disappointments were the so-so bread and lack-luster and completely mediocre tiramisu. I really wish Italian restaurants would start trying harder on their classic desserts.
But overall it was pleasant for us.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at Aldo's! The atmosphere was casual and the place is warm and friendly. The food was very good and we will come back!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I can't believe we wound up eating here, without checking T.A. first ! Never again! It was quite a hike from our lovely hotel (Eagle Inn), but the weather was perfect, cool and calm, and we needed to "walk off" all of the calories we had consumed on our trip so far.
It was almost 10:00 PM when we got to Aldo's, and we saw a very crowded, noisy place. The outside patio was full, as was the interior space. The only reason we didn't leave was because of the late hour and the fact that we were so hungry.(big mistake)
After standing in the doorway for over 5 minutes, a server finally awknowledged our presence, and directed us to a very small table, in a cramped room, with patrons "on top of" each other. The noise was deafening. After 15 mins we finally got a menu (were standing up to leave).and some water. We placed our wine order, and viewed menu. Again, about 10 mins. later we got our wine, but the waiters were confused as to which person was assigned to our table. Just then either the manager or owner came sweeping over, and from then on we got good service.
The food was very mediocre, the bread tasteless, and I was still hungry when we got back to our Inn. This was the only bad experience we had on our 12 day trip around southern Calif. There are many great restaurants in Santa Barbara, so check T.A. and know exactly where you are going to eat, so you don't wind up at Aldo's! Also, it is expensive!