“Awesome.”

Santa Barbara Shellfish Company
Ranked #11 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Sydney, Australia
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Bit of a wait but worth it.
The Crab and Lobster were simple buy oh-so fresh and finger licking good.
Great value, great service.
If I lived in SB I would be here 4 times a week at least

Visited August 2012

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis
“Fun casual seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The restaurant is a little house on the wharf. You write your name on a list and wait to be called. Tables moved fairly quickly, and it was very worth the wait! They had a great menu of mostly steamed crab and lobster which are on view through the window.

It is a casual spot with great food and friendly service. Families seemed just as happy as our couple-y night out.

Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Went at about 630PM on a Fri night and it wasn't busy AT ALL! We were only 3rd in line and waited about 15 min before we got seated and we specifically requested outdoor because I had my dog with me. I ordered the rock crab special which comes with a caesar salad and soup (clam chowder). The clam chowder was delicious! I had the best clam chowder in Seattle but this was just as good! The salad didn't have as much dressing as I would have liked. The rock crab was DELICIOUS! It was my bf's first time trying rock crab and he fell in love and he wanted to go back and get rock crab every night during our stay in Santa Barbara! We also got the shrimp and scallop pasta which was soooooooooo goooooooooooood. Everything was just perfect and they even brought out a little cup of water for my dog! :) Probably our favorite restaurant we ate at during our whole stay!

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Best Hardback Shrimps I ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We are on vacation here. After having read reviews of the restaurants near Stearms Wharf, I decided to try this restaurant.

It's located at the end of pier, a small and casual place. I signed up on the clipboard at the door for being seated. The special of the day was on a chalkboard just below the sign-in clipboard. It was a Friday night and there was a free outdoor movie right next to the restaurant. We waited abut 15 min and were seated at the bar, facing the kitchen. I loved it because I could enjoy chef's action.

We ordered Oyster shooters, steamed claims, the special of the day Hardback shrimp and opinion ring, a paired with Pinot Grigio. It was the first time I tried the oyster shooter which wasn't bad. The claims were steamed with white wine sauce. They were a little bit over-cooked and the juice was a little bit sour. The hardback shrimp, OMG, they were delicious! They were cooked in salted water, accompanied with ketchup. We ate the shrimps without the ketchup. The natural flavor of the shrimp was preserved. They were tender and tasted of sea. The big fat onion rings were crispy and fresh. I regretted that I didn't order more shrimps. They also had crab, lobster and farm abalone. I'll try abalone the next time.

The environment was casual. Our neighbors sitting at the bar offered to take video clip of us drinking the oyster shooter and picture of us with the food. The staff was friendly and efficient.

This is the place I'll go back and recommend.

Tips: if you don't want to wait to be seated, you can order takeout. There are picnic table and benches just outside of the restaurant. The line is definitively shorted.

• Visited September 2012
UK
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic Lobster and great location walking down the pier at sunset. Best meal do far in California