“Great food, great service, great crab.”

Santa Barbara Shellfish Company
Ranked #9 of 534 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great food, great service, great crab.”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

First time on the wharf and we decided to eat here. The crab was great! We got a the local stone crab special and weren't disappointed. It came with a cup of soup and a salad which was very filling. The food is fresh and cooked right in front of you. My wife wants to come back for the lobster!

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
San Diego, California
“Great casual place for shellfish”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We went for lunch and sat at the counter where we could watch the chief prepare dishes. The place was full and we had to wait about 15 minutes for a seat. Great fresh shellfish. I had the abalone and my wife had the rock crab and both were very good.

• Visited July 2011
Hercules, California
“Worth a try”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We opted for outdoor seating so we just ordered at the takeout counter. We waited about 7-10 minutes in line eventhough there were only a couple customers ahead. I ordered a small chowder ($4.50), crab cakes ($13.95), and crab sandwich ($10.95). My crab cakes were perfectly seasoned. I prefer the clam chowder at the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Don’t forget to have your parking ticket validated ☺

• Visited June 2011
Southern California
“Locals love this place too”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Ohh SOOO good seafood, esp shellfish of course. Beer and wine served (no full bar). Be prepared...it is tiny inside...and there may be a wait, but so worth it. Best to go off the prime eating times for the quickest table. Can also eat outside on the picnic tables. Best lobster I've had.

• Visited April 2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“What a delightful find”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This quaint little place makes you feel you're in a fishing town. Great food, great service, and very good wine. Sitting at the bar and watch them cook was a great experience. They took the time to show us the various live seafood they had available. Funny story, I eat kosher, and the bartender managed to accommodate my diet. My partner loved his half shells from Moro Bay.

• Visited April 2011