“Everything you want Farm to Table to be and MORE !!”
Review of Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro - CLOSED

Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cota & Haley
Transit: The downtown shuttle costs 25 cents, travels up and down State, to the breakwater and over by the Santa Barbara Zoo. One of the stops is just steps away from the Wine Bistro.
Description: The Wine Bistro menu is seasonal California cuisine specializing in the freshest ingredients. The menu is split between appetizers, salads and entrees, including vegetarian dishes and fresh fish. The Steamed Mussels are the best in SB! Entree high-lights include Grilled Duck & Confit of Duck, Seared Salmon and Grilled New York Steak. Fantastic desserts include Salted Caramel Bittersweet Chocolate Tart, Sherry Wine Cake and more.Serving wines from Santa Barbara Winery,Lafond Winery as wines from around the world. Happy Hour M-F 4:30-6:30pm 9:30 to closingOpen Mon - Fri 11am - 10pm Sat/Sun 9:00am - 9:30pm Weekend brunchSidewalk patio.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We wandered in off the street to this GEM of a restaurant and had one of the best meals we have had. It was hard not to lick the bowl of the Mussels with Spicy tomato sauce. The flavors were incredible !! The grilled apricot salad was inventive and delicious. It is really fun to be able to build your own flight of wine. Our waiter was happy and knowledgeable about the food and you could tell he was happy working there and cared about the business. It was a total treat!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first visit to Santa Barbara, CA and I wanted to eat a steak. We were a party of 3. Two of us had the grilled hollister ranch grass fed New York steak and one had the Shelton's farm free range organic turkey burger.

We visited on Friday, June 21 and sat outside. We quite enjoyed the people-watching and the setting up for the summer Solstice Parade on Saturday, June 22. It was great fun.

The steak was certainly below my expectation. It was grilled to taste but it was bland and some worth burnt. I was disappointed. I love steak and I must say I have eaten much better ones. My son who also had the steak wasn't impressed either. The turkey burger, I understand was really nice.

I love that they are particular about organic and free range products. I certainly will visit again and make another choice.

The service was quick and efficient but wasn't warm and friendly.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Wine Bistro offers brunch and lunch items on Sunday afternoons, which is a great option for after-graduation dining. Since we had reservations for a party of nine, they had a nice table set up for us inside. The service was good, although a bit spotty at a times (maybe a little too laid-back, but, hey, this is California). A few members of our party had burgers which they seemed to enjoy and my father and I had sausage flatbreads. The flatbread was tasty, but the crust was not as crispy as I've previously enjoyed elsewhere. My pricey grilled asparagus sidedish was a bit thin and wilted, but tasty. All in all, however, it was a pleasant and informal dining experience, albeit with formal prices. Would I dine here again should I return to Santa Barbara? Probably.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stopped by here for a nice lunch. The bread is to die for - you could make a meal out of that. Fresh and crusty. The mussels were amoung the best I've ever had. Not fishy, a wonderful, light sauce. My steak sandwich was very good also.

Only minor complaint are the french fries - they're not really french fries - more like steak fries, and not very hot.

There are several wines to choose from and they're good for the price. This place is a little pricey but most of the food is sustainable and/or organic. Everything very fresh. I'd go here again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had been looking around for a place on our first night in town and spotted this place which on first glance looked like just a wine bar. However, the joint was jumping on the Sunday night prior to Memorial Day and we realized it was more than just a bar and sandwich place, but didn't have high expectations. The dinner menu had a few inspired dishes, but we weren't overly impressed given that we generally look for something we couldn't make for ourselves. However, my bistro cassoulet with grilled duck in a Swiss chard stew with duck confit, pancetta and garlic sausage was excellent. My spouse had the apricot and arugula bistro salad with some grilled mahi added that hit the spot. Serving sizes were generous and the service was attentive, but not over zealous. I felt the meal was a little pricey though based on the ambience and the fact the salad with the fish added was $24. Our waitress gave us the opportunity to try some wine tastes before buying, a nice touch. Her suggestions and reservations were on target. A good start to the trip.